Cisco DCP3848 modem/router, 2.4G keeps dying.

ay888
Grasshopper

Hi,

My Cisco DCP3848 modem/router, 2.4G keeps dying randomly.  It will come alive after a while but really annoying.  Out home security system is hooked up to it and when it happens, specially 3 - 4 am, the alarm will go off because it detected there was no wifi connection.  Is this a hardware issue?  Can I ask show for new hardware?

Let me know.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Call or chat in and a rep will look at your modem, you co...

rstra
Grand Master

Call or chat in and a rep will look at your modem, you could ask for a replacement to be mailed out to you.

0 Kudos

Thanks!  Currently chatting with support.

ay888
Grasshopper

Thanks!  Currently chatting with support.

0 Kudos

i already talk to them and they suppose to send me new ro...

oppdalloen
Grasshopper

i already talk to them and they suppose to send me new router modem like 4 weeks ago but i didn't get it, its very annoying when the service doesn't meet our requirement and we are wasting our money for bad service, i tried contact on chant and phone but i never get replay very frustrating 

0 Kudos

Was chatting with support for about 0.5 hour.  The suppor...

ay888
Grasshopper

Was chatting with support for about 0.5 hour.  The support even reset the modern remotely right after he wrote, I am going to reset the modem, to which I replied quickly, no cuz people in the house are working remotely, but too late.  Kind of annoyed with the support guy.  Feels like he just wants to end the support session.  Not sure what he did but said he adjust some settings for the wifi to avoid interference.  I told him the 2.4G issues I was having started not too long ago but he keep insisting here is interference.  We will see what happens next.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

> they suppose to send me new router modem like 4 weeks a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> they suppose to send me new router modem like 4 weeks ago but i didn't get it,

Check the E-mail from Shaw (maybe in your "Junk" folder?).

There should be a Canada Post tracking-number that you may enter onto the Canada Post web-site

to see where the shipment currently is, and where it has been.

0 Kudos

> he adjust some settings for the wifi to avoid interfere...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> he adjust some settings for the wifi to avoid interference.  I told him the 2.4G issues I was having started not too long ago but he keep insisting here is interference. 

He could have been correct. Did anybody "new" move into your condominium or apartment, or into an adjacent house, or did you change wireless home telephones?  Any of those changes could have added some interference from "new" devices in your vicinity.

0 Kudos

I hope he is right but to my knowledge, neighbouring hous...

ay888
Grasshopper

I hope he is right but to my knowledge, neighbouring houses around me are still the same families.  No new wireless devices like that around the house in the past year or so.  Yeah, just hope he is right cause I do not want the home security system going off in the wee hours of the morning.  It is a scary thing when that happens.

0 Kudos

>  No new wireless devices like that around the house in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  No new wireless devices like that around the house in the past year or so. 

In your house, AND in your neighbours' houses?

Maybe, one neighbour upgraded their Shaw Internet, to add WiFi, or maybe they purchased new wireless telephone handsets, or maybe they added a WiFi "extender".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help