Connected but no internet

DennisFam
Grasshopper

We've recently updated from internet 75 to internet 300 with the XB6 Bluecurve modem and it's been an adventure.
The primary issue is having devices be connected with no internet. These devices worked before with out Hitron.
The first modem we received and set up ourselves didn't work on my wife's phone (connected but no internet) and also had weird issues where I could open up some pages on my laptop, but not others.

Twitter and Reddit no, Facebook yes
YouTube Yes, Shaw support, no.

After about an hour and a half on phone support it was decided our XB6 was faulty, reactivated the Hitron, and we booked in an in person installer who came in yesterday and installed a new XB6 and took the Hitron and defective XB6 back with him.

Now we have more (and different) devices that are "connected no internet" including our Roku TV (that did work with the last XB6).

We called back in to support to try to get this worked out and after resetting a couple times and the phone tech trying things we didn't get anywhere and are booking a return call.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

Should we just go back to the Hitron as it worked but we were offered an upgrade and thought we'd try it?

The XB6 is also incompatible with the Google Chromecast Ultra 4k so going back would save us having to replace that.

Labels (2)
3 Replies

Found issue with help on Reddit.  The XB6 is connected to...

DennisFam
Grasshopper

Found issue with help on Reddit. 

The XB6 is connected to a router. 

"

Have you try disconnecting the Cisco router and power cycling the xb6 and seeing if your devices work?

Your Cisco router may have shared your IP of the Hitron, 192.168.0.1 but the xb6 uses 10.0.0.1 and may be causing IP conflicts in your network."

Unplugged the router, reset the modem, repowered the router and everything worked. 

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem, had a power outage and now t...

rickhay1
Grasshopper

I'm having the same problem, had a power outage and now tv indicates no internet.  Have rebooted 3 times no luck

0 Kudos

--  tv indicates no internet.  Have rebooted 3 times    D...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rickhay1 --  tv indicates no internet.  Have rebooted 3 times 

Did you simultaneously power-off both the cable-modem and the TV, by disconnecting the power-cords?

Is your smart-TV configured to a "static" IP-address, or is it using DHCP to obtain an IP-address from the Shaw cable-modem?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help