Jump to solution

I had the same issue, I just switched from Telus to Shaw...

DutcherFamily
Grasshopper

I had the same issue, I just switched from Telus to Shaw and the brother HL 3180 Cdw printer that used connect through Telus was no longer working with the new Shaw modem. It would connect to the same ssid that my phone was but my phone couldn’t recognize the printer. I messaged the people at Shaw, they did a reset of the modem which did not work, but then they suggested a factory reset by pressing the button on the back of the modem for 30 seconds. After it reset my devices finally recognized the printer. I read online about the privacy separator and I asked them about it and turning it off but they really didn’t know what I was talking about. Happy it worked out. I hope you can figure it out too

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you so much. You are a savior.

Manoj_Mishra
Grasshopper

Thank you so much. You are a savior.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This 100% helped, omg!! I went through the same thing you...

blahdeeblah
Grasshopper

This 100% helped, omg!! I went through the same thing you dide and thought I was going to have to get a new printer or change ISP or something, but thank you so, so much for this!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you so much Grasshopper, your steps worked for me

wynford
Grasshopper

Thank you so much Grasshopper, your steps worked for me

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with a new Gateway 2.0 modem...

wynford
Grasshopper

I'm having the same problem with a new Gateway 2.0 modem and shaw is of no help.

I have a slightly older HP Photosmart D110 printer wireless printer... when I set it up to my new Gateway 2.0 modem, I see a message and was able to print a test page successfully.

How do you change the Auth Mode on the Gateway, It's called Security Mode on the Gateway... they are greyed out

The printer did work with the Hitron modem I had using your method

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for this.  At first, I couldn't figure out how to...

cidnee
Grasshopper

Thanks for this.  At first, I couldn't figure out how to change the Auth Mode to Auto and then I realized you need to turn off WPS Enabled.  Worked like a charm.  Thanks for this...so many other solutions were listed but this was the magical one that worked.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help