Consistent internet service interruptions around 1-2am?

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Has there been any problems on Shaw's end regarding the internet service in the Calgary area? At least three times this week I've noticed the modem go offline, and reset itself generally around the 1-2am time frame.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

I haven't heard of any reports of issues in your area. Wh...

shaw-tony

@ziggurcat I haven't heard of any reports of issues in your area. When it resets, do the lights go off and back on? Do you have any 3rd party routers/switches attached to the modem?

0 Kudos

Hi   It looks like it goes through some kind of reset pro...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Hi @shaw-tony 

It looks like it goes through some kind of reset process.  Light turns off, and goes through the various colours it normally would if I were to unplug the modem altogether.

Nothing else is attached to the modem, I do not use any 3rd party routers.

It hasn't happened (that I've noticed) since posting this, but typically when it does occur, it's almost always around the 1-2am timeframe.

0 Kudos

glad to hear it's back to normal. It may have been mainte...

shaw-tony

@ziggurcat glad to hear it's back to normal. It may have been maintenance in your area which generally starts around that time. I have more details about when they happen here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

I do not have any third-party equipment.  I have not obse...

Ouch
Grasshopper

I do not have any third-party equipment.  I have not observed what happens to the lights on the equipment when I lose service.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help