Contract price guarantee

timko
Grasshopper

I accepted a Shaw value contact and I am not sure if it will be subject to rate increases. It states:

If any of your Services have a price guarantee (as identified in the service description) the monthly fees payable during the above stated promotional term(s) will not increase during this agreement as a result of normal rate increases applicable to all Shaw customers.

The service description does not state price guarantee. But the Shaw customer service rep stated that the price won't change for two years. How come the contract doesn't state that?

9 Replies

Re: Contract price guarantee

shaw-tamara

Hi  

The Value Plan Rate Guarantee covers the main services, but doesn't apply to add-ons. For example, if you have a cable package, any extra channel packs may be subject to rate adjustments, so that's why the contract is worded that way. I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos

timko
Grasshopper

But it says "If any of your Services have a price guarantee (as identified in the service description)", but no where does it say I have a price guarantee"

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

It depends on what you signed up for. If you set up an Internet only account, you would have a rate guarantee on your Internet service. If you set up an agreement for both cable and Internet, then the rate guarantee would apply to the main cable package and the Internet package.

0 Kudos

I just renewed my contract in May? Where is my contract f...

Juj
Grasshopper

I just renewed my contract in May? Where is my contract found?

0 Kudos

I would like a copy of it, so I know what to pay this month

Juj
Grasshopper

I would like a copy of it, so I know what to pay this month

0 Kudos

The service agreement used to be on my.shaw.ca but it loo...

rstra
Grand Master

The service agreement used to be on my.shaw.ca but it looks like that feature is no longer available. You will have to contact support to get a copy.

You could create a my.shaw.ca login and view your bill that way. 

0 Kudos

I do have a Shaw account but the bill is incorrect. I sig...

Juj
Grasshopper

I do have a Shaw account but the bill is incorrect. I signed a two year plan.  You can’t get me a copy of my contract e-mailed to me???

0 Kudos

I don’t work for Shaw, so I can’t help you with that, you...

rstra
Grand Master

I don’t work for Shaw, so I can’t help you with that, you will need to call or chat in.  

0 Kudos

>  the bill is incorrect If you switched from "month-by-m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  the bill is incorrect

If you switched from "month-by-month" to a two-year plan, the first bill is going to be quite a jumble -- cancellation of some services, receiving credit for the "unused" days within the current billing-month of your old plan, and charges for the new plan.

Login to My Shaw, select "My Bills", and select "Transactions", selecting 1-1-2020 to today, to see the details of every recent charge (but not all of the "promotional" discounts) on your account.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help