Court rejects Competition Bureau's appeal

g-idk
Master

Just some heads up news.  

Court rejects Competition Bureau's appeal to block Rogers' takeover of Shaw.  

here is a link Court rejects Competition Bureau's appeal to block Rogers' takeover of Shaw | CBC News ,  so provided no further appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada (highly unlikely to be heard anyways) we just need the final yes or no from the Tech Minister now.  I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now.  

Labels (1)
10 Replies

Awesome, looking forward to the better TV plan options.

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk  Awesome, looking forward to the better TV plan options.

I am glad to see this moving forward. The merger promises...

rickatk
Master

I am glad to see this moving forward. The merger promises larger infrastructure with greater resources. I am concerned about Rogers poor service reputation but that remains to be seen. As far as competition and pricing we will have to wait and see. 

/  /  -- when Rogers takes over, and if Shaw has 1 millio...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk / @rickatk / @rstra -- when Rogers takes over, and if Shaw has 1 million customers, and if Rogers has 100 agents to help the Shaw customers "migrate" from Shaw's E-mail system to whatever system that Rogers might offer, and if each customer needs 1 hour of help to migrate, that's 10 thousand hours for those 100 agents, which averages to be 100 hours per agent. If each agent works 5 days per week and 10 hours per day, that is 50 hours per week. So, that will take 2 weeks, at 50 hours/week, for those 100 hours.

Replace my estimates by your own, if you disagree, and tell me if you get either "more" or "less" than 2 weeks from your calculations.

0 Kudos

Hey I cant imagine why customers would need one hour of...

rickatk
Master

Hey @mdk I cant imagine why customers would need one hour of help for the transition. Considering now a days everything is self help. Porting over to @rogers.com shouldn’t be that onerous…famous last words. Glad my email is  iCloud.com.👍 I do hope the Shaw employees come under the employ of Rogers.

One thing to consider, we will be joining a much bigger support community over at Rogers. 

0 Kudos

--  I cannot imagine why customers would need one hour of...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rickatk --  I cannot imagine why customers would need one hour of help for the transition.

That is an "average", or maybe the "median".

I expect that you & I would need less time, while my grandmother & her friends would need more time, especially if they need to be introduced to a different E-mail client with a different interface, and finding "buttons" in a different place on their screen.

As I said, if you have "better" numbers, run with them.  I won't be offended.  🙂

0 Kudos

That is a fair assessment. I forget not every is on top o...

rickatk
Master

@mdk That is a fair assessment. I forget not every is on top of this stuff all the time ads a quasi hobby. I get the just of your numbers. 

0 Kudos

A lot of Shaw customers don’t have Shaw email accounts, a...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk  A lot of Shaw customers don’t have Shaw email accounts, and Rogers email is powered by Yahoo, so they probably have a stream lined process for migrating customers. Shaw has gone through this before, when we had to move from Excite, although that wasn’t as many internet customers as today.

Also, they may need a different domain for Shaw customers, jsmith@shaw is not going to get jsmith@rogers.

They might get jsmith1379@rogers.com

rickatk
Master

@rstra  They might get jsmith1379@rogers.com

0 Kudos

If they are lucky 😀😀

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk If they are lucky 😀😀

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help