Court rejects Competition Bureau's appeal

g-idk
Grasshopper

Just some heads up news.  

Court rejects Competition Bureau's appeal to block Rogers' takeover of Shaw.  

here is a link Court rejects Competition Bureau's appeal to block Rogers' takeover of Shaw | CBC News ,  so provided no further appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada (highly unlikely to be heard anyways) we just need the final yes or no from the Tech Minister now.  I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now.  

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Awesome, looking forward to the better TV plan options.

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk  Awesome, looking forward to the better TV plan options.

I am glad to see this moving forward. The merger promises...

rickatk
Master

I am glad to see this moving forward. The merger promises larger infrastructure with greater resources. I am concerned about Rogers poor service reputation but that remains to be seen. As far as competition and pricing we will have to wait and see. 

/  /  -- when Rogers takes over, and if Shaw has 1 millio...

mdk
Grand Master

@g-idk / @rickatk / @rstra -- when Rogers takes over, and if Shaw has 1 million customers, and if Rogers has 100 agents to help the Shaw customers "migrate" from Shaw's E-mail system to whatever system that Rogers might offer, and if each customer needs 1 hour of help to migrate, that's 10 thousand hours for those 100 agents, which averages to be 100 hours per agent. If each agent works 5 days per week and 10 hours per day, that is 50 hours per week. So, that will take 2 weeks, at 50 hours/week, for those 100 hours.

Replace my estimates by your own, if you disagree, and tell me if you get either "more" or "less" than 2 weeks from your calculations.

0 Kudos

Hey I cant imagine why customers would need one hour of...

rickatk
Master

Hey @mdk I cant imagine why customers would need one hour of help for the transition. Considering now a days everything is self help. Porting over to @rogers.com shouldn’t be that onerous…famous last words. Glad my email is  iCloud.com.👍 I do hope the Shaw employees come under the employ of Rogers.

One thing to consider, we will be joining a much bigger support community over at Rogers. 

0 Kudos

--  I cannot imagine why customers would need one hour of...

mdk
Grand Master

@rickatk --  I cannot imagine why customers would need one hour of help for the transition.

That is an "average", or maybe the "median".

I expect that you & I would need less time, while my grandmother & her friends would need more time, especially if they need to be introduced to a different E-mail client with a different interface, and finding "buttons" in a different place on their screen.

As I said, if you have "better" numbers, run with them.  I won't be offended.  🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?