Customer Retention/Loyalty Care Disappointment

eni9ma
Grasshopper

I've been a Shaw customer for over 10 years. My friend told me about a loyalty promotion offered by Shaw recently. She was offered Internet 600 with BlueCurve on a 2-year term for $61 after taxes per month. So I called Shaw and asked about it. The representative stated that the offer is only for new customers. So what is the point of being a loyal customer when I have been with Shaw for over 10 years and my friend was able to get the exact same offer successfully, yet I am not able to?! I don't understand!

Time to switch service provider!

7 Replies

Also switching providers. Shaw bundles have become insane...

Dnsosbfbfbxks
Grasshopper

Also switching providers. Shaw bundles have become insanely expensive. I can find better under 75$ 

we appreciate your long-standing business with us and def...

@eni9ma @Dnsosbfbfbxks we appreciate your long-standing business with us and definitely want to ensure your plan best suits your needs. Our customer support is the best way to enhance your plan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

i absolutely agree with your point.

Gingerka
Grasshopper

i absolutely agree with your point.

0 Kudos

So i am also a very long customer. Over 15 years I believ...

CannaPlates
Grasshopper

So i am also a very long customer. Over 15 years I believe.  One thing i do not get @shaw-tony  is shaw offers all these great deals to NEW customers, but does nothing for the ones who have been putting cash in Shaw's pocket.. steady..every month for over 15 years. Do you not see the insanity in this kind of thinking? 

I am currently waiting to talk to the loyalty dept on the phone as my last fought for deal i had to get through the loyalty dept ends at the end of Oct. I fully expect to  have this extended for another 2 years..maybe 4 if they will give it to me.. maybe for life. I did get a $10 for life land line from them.

We shall see. I will update this when i know.

0 Kudos

the new rates are for new customers to try out our servic...

@CannaPlates the new rates are for new customers to try out our services. You would have received a similar rate at the beginning of your services. Thank you for your continued business with us and patience. Our loyalty team will certainly try their best to make sure the plan suits your needs!

0 Kudos

I'm sorry Tony, but Shaw has this completely backwards an...

markheth
Grasshopper

I'm sorry Tony, but Shaw has this completely backwards and is really starting to annoy long time loyal customers.  I am a long standing customer with Shaw for 25 years, and I've about had enough of fighting with them every 2 years for even an equivalent rate to what new customers are getting.   Where do you think the "new" customers come from?   These are the ones who are switching between telus and shaw every 2 years to get the discounted rates.  

It's time to start showing your customers you care about them and offer loyalty discounts for longevity of service.   That's how you are going to retain people in the long term instead of fighting for new customers because you just lost them due to your unloyal like renewal packages.

We shouldn't be expected to have to call a loyalty department just to get reasonable rates that we deserve as loyal customers.  It's time shaw started really considering what loyalty means.

Advertise the loyalty rates to show new customers what they can expect if they stay with Shaw!   Make the loyalty rates better than the new rates, otherwise you are asking them to leave after 2 years and switch to a competitor.   This business model is not focused on rewarding loyalty and it needs to be or else you will be losing more people than just myself and the others who took the time to post this on a shaw forum which is heavily biased.

I don't think that's a very good way to respond. Let me s...

JasonP
Grasshopper

I don't think that's a very good way to respond.

Let me spell it out for you. 

I currently pay $153.30 / month, I have 2 year old equipment and 3 teenagers leeching bandwidth. My 2 year price $3679

New Customer, for the package I want, 2 year price is $3096.

I went online a few days ago, asked to upgrade, and i was given a price of $179/ month on a 2 year term. For a total of $4296 

My 15 years of service gets me a price that's $1200 more over 2 years than a new customer with zero history with you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?