Dead zone in house needs WiFi booster

karim_ratib
Grasshopper

There's a zone in my house that's getting slow WiFi. What can I do to extend / boost the signal in that spot?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Re: Dead zone in house needs WiFi booster

shaw-tamara

Hi karim.ratib 

That's definitely frustrating! One thing you can try is, if possible, you can move the modem to a more central location, as that might shift your coverage to reach more spots in your home. If that doesn't work, you can look at adding BlueCurve Pods to your account. You can find out more on our BlueCurve Pod FAQ page here: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-18593

Another option would be to add third-party WiFi extenders. We don't support third-party equipment, but you can visit an electronics store to get more information if you're interested in that option.

Not applicable

I've been using a DLINK extender for 4 years and is reasonably reliable. The GUI is a bit awful and I forget access points so have to look it up every once in a while. Maybe newer ones are easier. Hopefully.

karim_ratib
Grasshopper

Thanks both for your replies. I am looking into commercial WiFi extenders and will post my solution when I'm done.

0 Kudos

What did you end up using?

WattersGang
Grasshopper

What did you end up using?

0 Kudos

I have the same problem and require a signal booster

12841284Aa
Grasshopper

I have the same problem and require a signal booster

0 Kudos

-- I have the same problem Welcome to this peer-to-peer d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@12841284Aa -- I have the same problem

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

The "same" solutions still apply as previously mentioned in this thread:

• rent ($10/month) WiFi boosters from Shaw
  • purchase a third-party WiFi booster

and place them physically "half-way" between the poorest reception area and your cable-modem.

TALK TO US
We're here to help