Does anybody know the Model name or number of the Cisco XB6T router I had installed yesterday?

lmossford
Grasshopper

Cisco XB6T what is the model number or name

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Does anybody know the Model name or number of the Cisco XB6T router I had installed yesterday?

shaw-tony

Hey lmossford,

We have two XB6 models available which are Arris TG3482 or Technicolor CGM4141. You can find more details in the specifications here. Let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Does anybody know the Model name or number of the Cisco XB6T router I had installed yesterday?

rickatk
Master

shaw-tony wrote:

Hey lmossford,

We have two XB6 models available which are Arris TG3482 or Technicolor CGM4141. You can find more details in the specifications here. Let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Hi Tony:

What is the Technicolor model you mentioned? I don’t see it listed in the document you provided.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

It's the same modem - one is manufactured by Arris and the other by Technicolor, but they look the same and have nearly identical specifications. 

rickatk
Master

shaw-tamara wrote:

It's the same modem - one is manufactured by Arris and the other by Technicolor, but they look the same and have nearly identical specifications. 

Thanks Tamara:

A few clicks I am now boned up on Arris and Technicolor (Cisco)XB6 modems. Probably a little to much information and choice for me as a consumer. Interesting nevertheless.  I have the Arris model and it seems to work very well. Last year when I tested it I found my AirPort Extreme had better range, but as a modem in bridged mode the device seems to work fine. I understand the modem/ router has gone through upgrades and expander pods are in testing.

Down the the road I will be happy to just have Shaw gear on rental terms. Trying to keep up with all the changes, buying my own hardware such as Shaw terminals and Apple wifi routers, just doesn’t make sense any more. Apple has dropped their full network line (disappointing) and Shaw has offered many upgrades and changes lately. The rental model works well because this tech changes so often. Better to rent and stay current, as long as Shaw continues to choose good quality gear.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

'continues to choose good quality gear' is certainly debatable...

Also one can not buy Shaw's internet modems either, haven't been able to for a decade(?) now.  Rent/lease only.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help