Does Shaw webmail use their own internal blacklist?

Not applicable

We have a single company whose emails are in Office 365 and when they email any Shaw email address it goes to the junk folder. When I email the same Shaw address from my Office 365 email (not associated with the company) it goes through just fine. We are setup exactly the same way, the only difference being email address/domain name. I've checked the problem domain against all public blacklists and they aren't on any. 

Is there a way for us to determine why the emails are getting sent to junk in the Shaw email system? 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Re: Does Shaw webmail use their own internal blacklist?

shaw-tony

Hey azndarren,

Thank you for reaching out! It is possible the number of emails being sent to @shaw.ca users that are causing the emails to go to the junk folder. You can certainly have the @shaw.ca users whitelist your business email/domain (add to "Trusted Addresses/Domains" in the preferences) or set up filters to move the emails to their inbox folder with the steps here

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Is there a person on the email server side that I can talk to about getting the blacklist for our email domain removed from the system? The company will be changing their email practices but we need to prevent the emails from going straight to junk and since we have so many recipients using Shaw, sending them an email about how to whitelist the mail domain isn't a great solution.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

azndarren I will recommend touching base with our technical support team members to see if your work email address is indeed blacklisted. If it isn't, then it may be another reason to why they are being moved into the junk mail. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I have tried calling tech support a couple times and they say they're not able to help me since they don't have an email department. Is there a department name or someone specifically that i can speak to about this?

0 Kudos

mjducharme
Grasshopper

Try checking your domain health with MXToolbox: Domain Health Check - Online Domain Tools - Blacklist, Email, Website, DNS - MxToolBox 

It will tell you if you are on any blacklists etc or if there is an increased chance of being detected as spam due to issues.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help