At the beginning of this month I renewed my contract and now my download rates are very poor.
I am paying for 150 Mb/s, and I am topping about around 11-12. Before I renewed the contract my download rates were 4-5 times what they are now (I was never even close to 150).
I have tried resetting the modem. Below is a screen shot of the speed test. I have run several tests over the past few weeks and it is always the same as this.
Thank you for reaching out! Are you noticing slow speeds over WiFi only or is the above speed test over a direct ethernet connection to a desktop? If it is over WiFi, it may be WiFi interference, I have more details on that here. Otherwise, it may be a signal related issue.
Tony | Community Mod.
bryson thank you for letting me know. I will recommend trying the following steps:
1. Unplug the power to the Shaw Internet modem
2. Unscrew the coax cable cord from both the modem and wall outlet for one minute. Ensure there are no kinks in the cable.
3. Screw the coax cable cord back into the modem and wall outlet.
4. Power up the modem, it will take about 5-8 minutes to reconnect.
5. Once it is back online, please run a speed test at http://speedtest.shaw.ca/ to see if there is an improvement.
If that doesn't fix it, your best bet is to get in touch with technical support directly for further assistance.