Apparently fix means I contact Microsoft to solve this...

doncarroll
Grasshopper

Apparently fix means I contact Microsoft to solve this

, we do not have any known issues with webmail but customers who are using exchange has issues and it could be a setting that has changed for exchange so I would recommend to check the server settings provided on our support page(support.shaw.ca) and if they are correct as per that then reach out to Microsoft

0 Kudos

One day later, problem still not solved. That's Shaw with...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

One day later, problem still not solved. That's Shaw with a capital 'S'.

0 Kudos

BULL. Why do only 2 out of a total of 8 exchange accounts...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

BULL. Why do only 2 out of a total of 8 exchange accounts on my iPhone refuse to work while my other 6 exchange accounts work perfectly? This was caused by a Shaw 'patch'. I am an ACMT (Apple Certified Mac Tech) 30+ years.

I'll tell you something, if Shaw is going to be directing its customers to Microsoft for technical support, then they shouldn't offer exchange accounts as an option to their customers at all. Get rid of it altogether if you can't support it. This is PREPOSTEROUS.

C'mon Shaw. Fix the problem.

They finally posted a notification on the outage page.  h...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

Thank you for pointing this notification out to us. Would...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Thank you for pointing this notification out to us.

Would have made a little more sense if they would have posted the notification yesterday.

0 Kudos

All 8 of my exchange accounts are working again but it's...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

All 8 of my exchange accounts are working again but it's taking 1 full minute to check email now. Before this problem happened, checking email was a 2-second process. I hope this isn't going to be the new 'norm'.

0 Kudos

i wonder if it is everyone hitting the servers at once?

rstra
Grand Master

@appleMacTech 

i wonder if it is everyone hitting the servers at once?

0 Kudos

That's what I would assume but... with Shaw (as with almo...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

That's what I would assume but... with Shaw (as with almost everything else), you can never assume anything 🙂

Actually, it's working better now

Mine are all back. I used the online chat with support ea...

steve_sproston
Grasshopper

Mine are all back. I used the online chat with support earlier on, and they asked for my password so they could troubleshoot accessing webmail. Webmail is apparently how far their support goes. No other clients. That's fine I guess, but they clearly had no idea this problem existed, and they should have. 

0 Kudos

That's because the "support" person you were chatting wit...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

@steve_sproston wrote:

...they clearly had no idea this problem existed, and they should have... 

That's because the "support" person you were chatting with was most likely located in Belize (Central America). See this link:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/technical-support-from-belize/td-p/34067 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help