Email address removed?

mikeer
Grasshopper

I created an @shaw.ca account 10+ years ago but have used gmail primarily for 5+ years. I had my @shaw emails automatically forwarded to my gmail account so I could still receive emails from old subscriptions. I tried to retrieve an old password for a website I thought I had used my @shaw address for but I wasn't receiving the emails. I tried logging into webmail directly and it said my password was incorrect. I logged into my-shaw and saw that it had 0 email addresses registered. I re-created my old address with a new password and could log in via webmail. I sent an email to the @shaw account from my gmail account and it was magically forwarded to my gmail account.

So it seems that shaw removed my email address without notifying me, made the address available for someone else to create but somehow remembered my forwarding rules ?!!?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

that is certainly odd. Within the past 10 years, have you...

shaw-tony

@mikeer that is certainly odd. Within the past 10 years, have you made any modifications to your account? Eg. upgrade to BlueCurve Total TV, higher Internet tiers, etc? If so, it may have been an error during the transfer and the emails were not migrated over. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Glad to hear that your old email is working now! Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help