contacted Shaw and the answer is a compatibility issue. T...

Tillym1
Grasshopper

contacted Shaw and the answer is a compatibility issue.

They can't fix it........

0 Kudos

Again, I don't think it is Chrome or Firefox, as lots see...

Jackie_A63
Grasshopper

Again, I don't think it is Chrome or Firefox, as lots seem to have this issue now. I know a few months back, I was having trouble with my Shaw emails. I went on the Shaw support chat, and they really offered no help other than saying, that perhaps an extension in Chrome was doing it. I tried snooping around the Chrome at that time and found nothing that was "new, or updated." At the time, I did the same thing, uninstalled Chrome, and reinstalled it. Hoping it would fix the issue, which it did not at that time either.

A few days later, everything suddenly came back, Poof!😲 I'm back, sort of thing. With people having issues besides myself and with various browsers. I am really wondering if it's a Windows 10 update. I know the past two days in a row, as I usually run my computer 24/7, I've woken up and found it had rebooted. Meaning there was some sort of Windows 10 update overnight. I'm hoping, same as last time, this is just a temp thing, and somehow another Windows 10 update, will magically fix whatever is going on. 🙄

0 Kudos

So I wonder what browser will work with win 10  and shaw...

danner67
Grasshopper

So I wonder what browser will work with win 10  and shaw webmail since using Brave, Chrome or IE do not work?  Would Thunderbird or something else work? 

0 Kudos

I noticed this problem yesterday and as of 6 pm Pacific t...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I noticed this problem yesterday and as of 6 pm Pacific tonight it was still not showing the body of any incoming e-mails. I am on Windows 10 Home and am using Google Chrome as my browser. But I just checked around 9:30 pm and everything now seems back to normal on the Shaw Webmail. I have to admit that Shaw Webmail is my backup e-mail system as I use the Windows 10 E-Mail App that came with my computer. There's nothing really wrong with Shaw Webmail ( except for this problem which just recently popped up ) but after using Windows Live Mail 2011 for years I just prefer the look and the way that everything is laid out on the Windows 10 E-Mail App.

0 Kudos

Mine is still the same, and it's been like since I notice...

Jackie_A63
Grasshopper

Mine is still the same, and it's been like since I noticed it at 9 pm MST last night 2021-04-13, and now at 11 pm MST the next day. Still the same, can't see any of the body of the email, unless I click on the forward tab, as if, to send it to someone else. 😒I really hope whatever gliche is going on is remedied soon. 

0 Kudos

-- there was some sort of Windows 10 update overnight. Mi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jackie_A63 -- there was some sort of Windows 10 update overnight.

Microsoft schedules the release of software updates to always be the "second Tuesday of the month at 10 AM Pacific".

They avoid Mondays (stat. holidays) and the first Tuesday (when system administrators are doing "month-end" reports).

So, given that the most-recent Tuesday was April 13th, that day was a "second Tuesday".

After 10 AM on Tuesday (or sometime on Wednesday) your Windows computer "called-home", and found the newly-released updates, and downloaded and applied them, thus causing a reboot, outside of your "normal working hours" (which you can set).

-- Chrome & IE do not work ... would something else work?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@danner67 -- Chrome & IE do not work ... would something else work?

Have you tried Microsoft Edge, either the original (but updated) version from 2015, or the new release (January 2020) of Microsoft Edge that is based on Chromium. Note that Google Chrome is also based on Chromium.

You could try Firefox. I have not tried it.

P.S. While viewing a "blank" E-mail, click into the "body" of the message, hold-down the CTRL key on your keyboard, and tap the "A" key, then release both keys. Does this "select all" action cause the "invisible" characters to become visible? It is possible that the colour of the characters is matching the "background" colour. Compare to trying to see white sheep/cows/horses during a snowstorm - white-on-white.

0 Kudos

Last night at 11 p.m. neither Chrome or Firefox would sho...

Jackie_A63
Grasshopper

Last night at 11 p.m. neither Chrome or Firefox would show the contents of the email. And magically this morning at 8:15 a.m Poof! it's suddenly working again. Go figure!! So again, I assume this whole thing is somehow linked to a Windows 10 update. Who knows for sure.🙄 I'm just glad it's working again. 😁 Although I could see the emails by clicking on the "forward an email" tab, it was still a pain. I just hope this is not a reoccurring problem. 

0 Kudos

How typical... a problem arises with Shaw's services/serv...

wtwasp
Grasshopper

How typical... a problem arises with Shaw's services/servers/etc, and instead of looking into it, they play it down with the "I have not heard any other complaints" crap - Well, you;re hearing about it NOW, so consider it complaint #1, and get ON  it before complaint #2 comes in.

Always so quick to deflect the responsibility of troubleshooting right back onto the customer, as if it is our job to correct technical issues figure this crap out. What is the point of Shaw support if we have to educate ourselves on stuff that is well above most people's comprehension?

And even after you DO exhaust a battery of troubleshooting and testing and explain to Shaw how only ONE aspect (whatever it is that is Shaw-related) is what is affected and having the problem, they STILL insist it's a "setting" or something else wrong on the user's computer. 

HOW LAZY can they be? What is it going to take for Shaw to get off their lazy kiesters and DO something? Man, I wish I had that kind of job - get paid to sit around and do NOTHING but answer calls/emails and reply to forum posts, JUST to dismiss problems all day, and blame the customer/user and/or their devices/connections, etc instead of DOING some actual investigations, verifications, and WORK to FIX the issue. 

Just keep telling the user it's their fault, and the fault of their device, to make them waste their time and money on new parts, devices, software to look for problems that are NOT on the computer (but on Shaw's end), etc. 

Shaw has NO respect for their customers or their time. As if we have nothing else to do but try and figure out what the Shaw morons screwed up and then tell them what is wrong only to be told they could not possibly be at fault because Shaw is so **bleep** impervious to any flaw or failure. 

Any coincidence "FLAW" rhymes with "SHAW"? Maybe a name change is in order to better reflect the reliability and competence of this company and its regard for PAYING customers. 

I'm glad gordn's issue seemed to correct itself (sometimes that DOES happen) – but me? I am still waiting for an explanation and a fix for why, all of a sudden, just within the past month (I have no idea of the exact date it happened), my personal account page (MyShaw) is loading BLANK. No text, no images, just a BLANK page. And that is the ONLY part of the entire Shaw website that refuses to load/display proper (or at all). 

I know there is no problem with my account itself, cos i can sign in to Shaw-On-Demand, which is linked to my account (sign into one, you;re signed in to the other, I imagine for some kind of convenience), and SoD loads/displays just fine - by WHY NOT my account page where I need to see my balance, internet usage, view bills (and download the PDFs), etc?? 

Shaw messed something up, and they REFUSE to even look into it. I just keep getting the same lame brush-off : "We'll escalate this and call you back". LIES on BOTH counts.

I have done everything I can possibly do under my VERY limited options and resources. And the fact everything was FINE just last month, does NOT make the tired old scapegoat excuse of "no further support" for my legacy OS (and the "unsupported" browsers that are the only ones that can still be used with XP) any kind of valid excuse! Who stopped supporting what and when is NEITHER HERE NOR THERE, especially since all that discontinuation happened back in 2014 and as I stated already, everything on MY end has been FINE ALL AROUND... until NOW< with SHAW. 

My computer system is NOT the problem. My old browsers are NOT the problem. If they were, then I'd behaving these issues with MANY sites and I would not be able to connect to Shaw AT ALL. 

I do not make a habit of changing things every other day, so blaming my settings is a swing-and-a-miss, too.

Try again, Shaw. 
Try taking some **bleep** responsibility and accountability for the "services" you provide, instead of making all these pathetic weak excuses and deflective finger-pointing just to avoid actually DOING something to earn your unearned pay.

0 Kudos

-- My computer system is NOT the problem. My old browsers...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wtwasp -- My computer system is NOT the problem. My old browsers are NOT the problem. If they were, then I'd behaving these issues with MANY sites ...

As you have so eloquently expressed in your other thread, you are still using Windows XP and old web-browsers.

Using an old web-browser is your problem.  Also, upgrading to a newer web-browser may require the use of features inside the Windows 10 operating system that were not present in the Windows XP operating system.

Since the "sunset" of Windows XP in 2014, most web-browsers have been upgraded to properly render those web-sites that use "new" coding features that make some web-sites, e.g., the My Shaw Portal, much more interactive, and more functional. Older web-browsers simply cannot properly cope with the "new-style" coding that the web-server is using.

As an analogy, if you drive a 2014-or-earlier vintage automobile, do not expect to find an integrated back-up camera, although every 2021-vintage automobile is required by law to have one. Old web-browsers simply cannot handle all the features that SOME web-sites, such as the My Shaw Portal, are offering.

Find a friend in your apartment/condominium who is running Windows 10. Try logging-in to the My Shaw Portal on their computer. If everything works on that modern computer, then you have proved that there is NO problem with your Shaw account.

> Any coincidence "FLAW" rhymes with "SHAW"? Maybe a name change is in order

If the Government of Canada does not block the purchase of Shaw Communications by Rogers, I predict that there will be a name-change, within the next 12 to 18 months.

I think that you are fortunate to find that some web-sites still work with your old web-browser. Some web-sites, such as www.Twitter.com display a message that "you are using an unsupported web-browser. Please upgrade, in order to access this web-site."

For example, the Bank of Montreal's web-site: www.bmo.com displays:

It looks like you’re using Internet Explorer or Edge, which we no longer support. Please download a different browser — like Chrome, Firefox or Safari — in order to get the full BMO experience.

The rest of your rant is "TL;DR".

Be calm. Be safe.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help