Email going to wrong user?

deborahwoelders
Grasshopper

Ok, so this is odd - I think.  I have two email addresses on my account - let's call them "1st and 2nd".

When I have the SAME password on my two different email addresses, incoming emails go to the 2nd email address as well as the 1st one - even though the email is addressed to the 2nd one.  I've tested this a few times sending test emails from a gmail account.  

If I change the password on the 2nd email address then the emails sent to the 2nd address only go to it, and not the 1st one.  

Can someone help with this - should I just leave it set up this way?  When I talked to tech support they suggested there should be no problem having the same password on both email addresses...……. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Email going to wrong user?

shaw-tony

Hey deborahwoelders,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. Do you have any email forwarding settings active on either email addresses? If the email was addressed to the second one, the first one should not receive it if there are no email forwarding settings active. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help