Email Transfer

BenBlotter
Grasshopper

My email quota is full, some emails I have deleted but some I am trying to save to a USB drive, or even my desktop. I tried Copy/Paste and dragging, no joy. How can this be done, or can it be done.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- what E-mail program are you using? Thunderbird? Eudora...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BenBlotter -- what E-mail program are you using? Thunderbird? Eudora? Microsoft Outlook? Windows 10 Mail? Windows Live Mail?

You say that you have "deleted", but did you open your "Deleted Items" folder, and delete everything from that folder?

Microsoft Outlook supports "local folders" -- folders that are stored onto your "C:" disk-drive. So, you can drag-and-drop to move messages from Shaw's mail-server into those local folders. This will reduce your usage of Shaw's "quota".

0 Kudos

Yes, I have been clearing my trash as well. I am using Wi...

BenBlotter
Grasshopper

Yes, I have been clearing my trash as well. I am using Windows 10, as my OS, but have not been using Outlook at all, just Shaw. So when I try to drag, emails, I can only drag them to a Folder I have created within my Inbox.

0 Kudos

You can export files from your webmail account to your ow...

shaw-daniel

You can export files from your webmail account to your own email client programs under the Preference menu. Make sure Advanced (Ajax) is selected as the default client type on Sign In. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help