Eudora settings for Shaw internet connection to a @uniserve.com email account

Disgruntled1
Grasshopper

I am a long-standing Shaw client and hope you can help.

Since "upgrading" from cable to Shaw Fibre+150 I have experienced the following issue.

I use Eudora 7.1 to manage my email. Everything works fine for outgoing and incoming messages sent between @shaw addresses.

However, I also have a very long-standing @uniserve.com email account. Prior to switching to Shaw Fibre+150 I never had any issues with my Eudora settings. Since the switch to Fibre+ some (not all) outgoing messages sent using Eudora via Shaw from the @uniserve.com address are not reaching their destination (but neither are they generating any Eudora error message.)

Can you please advise me what settings I need to tweak in Eudora to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
20 Replies

-- because your computer is connected to the Shaw network...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Disgruntled1 -- because your computer is connected to the Shaw network, for "outgoing SMTP server", use "smtp.shaw.ca".

That server will accept all E-mail from any IP-address within Shaw's network, and should send it to the recipient's mail-exchanger server.

How can you be sure that the intended recipient is not getting it? Are they "blockinf" your E-mail ID?

> Since "upgrading" from cable to Shaw Fibre+150 ...

Only the "branding" has changed. Still the same cables up-and-down your street's telephone-poles, and still the same coaxial-cable from the telephone-pole to Shaw's "demarcation box" on the edge of your home, and the same hardware inside that "demark" box, and the same cables inside your walls, and probably the same cable-modem.

Thanks for your response. Changing the SMTP server in Eud...

Disgruntled1
Grasshopper

Thanks for your response. Changing the SMTP server in Eudora for the @uniserve.com email and trying to send a message generates an error message:

"... and then smtp.shaw.ca said  550  <xxx@uniserve.com> sender rejected "

And I know some messages are not being received because I've asked family members to check that the email ID is NOT blocked, and the email is not being somehow diverted into any spam or junk folder.

Part 2 - The smtp.shaw.ca server does accept outgoing mail if I unclick "Authentication allowed" in Eudora. but a test message from xxx@uniserve.com still did not reach my gmail account (which is only on my smartphone and not on my desktop computer)

0 Kudos

Part 2 - The smtp,shaw.ca server does accept outgoing mai...

Disgruntled1
Grasshopper

Part 2 - The smtp,shaw.ca server does accept outgoing mail if I unclick "Authentication allowed" in Eudora. but a test message from xxx@uniserve.com still did not reach my gmail account (which is only on my smartphone and not on my desktop computer)

0 Kudos

Did you get this sorted out? I am having the same issue i...

ChriseB
Grasshopper

Did you get this sorted out? I am having the same issue in Windows Live Mail and my Uniserve email...

0 Kudos

&   Does a test message from xxx@uniserve.com to both you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Disgruntled1 & @ChriseB 

Does a test message from xxx@uniserve.com to both your Uniserve ID and your GMail ID reach both IDs?

Check the "spam" folders on both your Uniserve and GMail accounts.

No matter what E-mail client you use (Eudora, Windows 10 Mail, Windows Live Mail), if your devices are connected via Shaw Internet, using "smtp.shaw.ca" as your "outgoing mail server" is the correct configuration.

0 Kudos

I get this error anytime I try to send using the uniserve...

ChriseB
Grasshopper

I get this error anytime I try to send using the uniserve account:

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 <ageektogo@uniserve.com> sender rejected. AUP#SNDR
Server: 'smtp.shaw.ca'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC69
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

0 Kudos

I started receiving this error on August 14. Using Forte...

alfrednykolyn
Grasshopper

I started receiving this error on August 14. Using Forte Agent 7,2, I cannot send a message using a sender xxx@uniserve.com. The following error is thrown up immediately:

Error reported by server: 550 <xxx@uniserve.com> sender rejected. AUP#SNDR

Task: Send mail message Test

Server: mail.shaw.ca

Time:  17-Aug-21  1:44:44 PM

Shaw technical support have been frustratingly un-cooperative and unhelpful. Of course, using Webmail, I can send messages from uniserve.com. Shaw suppport that there is no problem at their end! And also, Shaw does not support third party mail clients!!! Explaining that my Forte Agent has worked flawlessly for 12+ years does not phase them. Nor does the explanation of the 550 AUP#WSNDR error.  So sad.

0 Kudos

Wouldn't you use the Uniserve SMTP server? https://uniser...

rstra
Grand Master

@alfrednykolyn @ChriseB Wouldn't you use the Uniserve SMTP server?

https://uniserve.com/support-email-setup/

0 Kudos

--  I get this error anytime I try to send using the unis...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ChriseB --  I get this error anytime I try to send using the uniserve account:

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 <ageektogo@uniserve.com> sender rejected. AUP#SNDR

If you are connected via a Shaw cable-modem to Shaw Internet, that is the correct response, because non-authenticated E-mail from a "non-Shaw" E-mail ID connecting to Shaw's SMTP-server is considered to be an attempt by a "spammer" to exploit Shaw's SMTP-server.

If you configure your E-mail client to "authenticate" with a valid Shaw E-mail ID & password to Shaw's SMTP-server, then your E-mail will be accepted by Shaw's SMTP-server.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help