Gateway blue curve bridge mode

rfb297
Grasshopper

I am having network issue with my Bluecurve Gateway, model CGM4141SHW.

Basically the unit is setup and connected in the den of the apartment but keeps dropping signal to the TV in the living room. When watching TV in the living room, the picture quality will drop on and off. I checked the connectivity under the TV settings and it says signal strength is excellent, but sometimes it shows weak.

I found the article about using bridge mode to hopefully improve the signal strength between the  Bluecurve wireless TV player and the Gateway. When I connect my Airport Express and set the Gateway to bridge mode my speed drop from 250 Mpbs to less than 20 Mbps. However, the connection appears more stable now and no more issues with TV signal dropping. I am wondering how I can improve speed when using Bridge mode ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Which Airport Express model are you using?

rstra
Grand Master

Which Airport Express model are you using? 

-- I found the article about using bridge mode to hopeful...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rfb297 -- I found the article about using bridge mode to hopefully improve the signal strength between the  Bluecurve wireless TV player and the Gateway. 

I am surprised that switching to "bridge" mode did not disable the BlueCurve's WiFi network that connects to the TV player. It uses a "hidden" SSID (name of the wireless network).

Instead, I would look at renting WiFi "mesh" devices from Shaw, to extend the reach of the BlueCurve's wireless network -- push one extender "half-way" between the BlueCurve and the TV player.

TALK TO US
We're here to help