Getting 180mbps Down, but unwatchable streaming from 3-8pm

mgiles79
Grasshopper

Just got a new connection to 150. Getting download speeds of 180mbps. However for most of the day HD is very choppy and streaming buffers every 15 seconds. Hardwired with Cat6 to Abox. Its not the stream because its a paid service and I'm the only one with issues amongst thousands around the world (ive seen the charts and I'm the only one in low internet quality). Also having connectivity issues with wifi around this time. Everything hangs at once... Is there anything I can do to fix this? Settings? Upping to 300? 

Would peak time interference register as slow connectivity on speed test times? Because that doesn't change, just quality of streams.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Getting 180mbps Down, but unwatchable streaming from 3-8pm

shaw-tony

Hey mgiles79,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. Have you noticed any other streaming sites buffer when trying to playback HD content on a direct ethernet connection? Have you tested the same ethernet connection on a different device (desktop, etc)? As for the WiFi, it may be WiFi interference, I have more details on that here. I'd recommend trying some steps here to help improve that experience.

If the issues continue, your best bet is to touch base with technical support for further assistance.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help