Jump to solution

Good cheap internet.

JWJOY
Grasshopper

Hello, trying to figure out good cheap internet for my senior parents. What is fiber+ 10 and how much can you really do with it? Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

/ -- so far this month, my own My Shaw account shows: 9...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JWJOY / @cpmrich36 -- so far this month, my own My Shaw account shows: 9 GB for January 1 to January 18 -- more than 1/2 of the month.

Most of that 9 GB was caused my Windows Update running on 5 different computers, on/around the 2nd Tuesday (January 11).

So, having 150 GB/month is not a limit that I expect to hit.

But, on my computer, I only occasionally watch full-length TV programs (Sportsnet 360 for a Canucks game that was not on a local Sportsnet TV channel), or archived TV episodes from www.Knowledge.ca ("The BC Knowledge Network").

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

there is a 150 gigabyte data cap so you can't really down...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

there is a 150 gigabyte data cap so you can't really download shows or hi res photos too much, it good enough for factbook and casual email and web surfing.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for that. Actually I was able to get them a very g...

JWJOY
Grasshopper

Thanks for that. Actually I was able to get them a very good deal on internet 150 for $50 per month as they are new to shaw. So no worries 😉 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

/ -- so far this month, my own My Shaw account shows: 9...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JWJOY / @cpmrich36 -- so far this month, my own My Shaw account shows: 9 GB for January 1 to January 18 -- more than 1/2 of the month.

Most of that 9 GB was caused my Windows Update running on 5 different computers, on/around the 2nd Tuesday (January 11).

So, having 150 GB/month is not a limit that I expect to hit.

But, on my computer, I only occasionally watch full-length TV programs (Sportsnet 360 for a Canucks game that was not on a local Sportsnet TV channel), or archived TV episodes from www.Knowledge.ca ("The BC Knowledge Network").

TALK TO US
We're here to help