Got sent to collection agency for a modem even after it was picked up a month ago from today by their person. Even I called serval times the same answer we have not received yet. SHAW I HOPE YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS AND HOPE YOU CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. An

nik_patel
Grasshopper

Got sent to collection agency for a modem even after it was picked up a month ago from today by shaw person. Even I called serval times, but the same answer we have not yet received. SHAW I HOPE YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS AND HOPE YOU CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. Annoyed and Disgusting

Labels (2)
23 Replies

Re: Got sent to collection agency for a modem even after it was picked up a month ago from today by their person. Even I called serval times the same answer we have not received yet. SHAW I HOPE YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS AND HOPE YOU CAN FIX THE PROBLEM

shaw-don

Hello  

We can look into this and see if we can locate the modem in question. I've sent a DM to your Community Inbox so we can collect your information. 

0 Kudos

Re: Got sent to collection agency for a modem even after it was picked up a month ago from today by their person. Even I called serval times the same answer we have not received yet. SHAW I HOPE YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS AND HOPE YOU CAN FIX THE PROBLEM

rickatk
Master

The problem, in part, is that a receipt is not issued at the Shaw store when returning gear, unless you wait in the big line and go to the desk. For some reason the greeter can’t take your gear and print a receipt at the reception point. I have had this problem a couple times. The greeter relieved me of the old gear and promised the devices will be taken off my account. I have then received a notice that the device was not deleted and a charge is outstanding. 

I don’t understand why the Shaw store greeter can’t remove returned devices from the accounts and then print off a receipt using their tablet, at the time they take the returned item. Maybe the greeters role is just to cue customers and should refrain from taking the gear, directing customers to the counter instead.

0 Kudos

How was this resolved?

Roeder
Grasshopper

I am in the same boat - Shaw sent a person to my house to switch my account to my girlfriends and he took all my boxes. Shaw is claiming one is missing and has sent my bill to collections. This is after I have been a loyal customer for many many years. So how did you resolve this?

0 Kudos

oh no! Please contact our customer support team so they c...

shaw-tony

@Roeder oh no! Please contact our customer support team so they can do an equipment trace to resolve this.

0 Kudos

This happened to me too when I upgraded to blue curve. I...

mikeer
Grasshopper

This happened to me too when I upgraded to blue curve. I was charged $50 for unreturned hardware even though the install tech took it. I contacted shaw around 10 times before they finally reversed it (3 months later)

0 Kudos

I am a customer with shaw more 10 years, I had the same i...

KASHTECH
Grasshopper

I am a customer with shaw more 10 years, I had the same issues, I have return the modem at barlow location, now I just checked my credit report it is showing outstanding balance from Shaw Cable, Collection company GS Contact Centre, I never get a call from shaw for outstanding balance also I never missed a payment,  Shaw customer service doesn't know **bleep**t about accounts and collection info, if you are looking for this company site or name you can't find it,I hope someone from shaw understand the risk and reply to us.

0 Kudos

Fix your approach on this. Shaw, you are wasting people's...

mo12334
Grasshopper

Fix your approach on this. Shaw, you are wasting people's time. this is frustrating

and  -- please read a previous response in this thread fr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KASHTECH  and @mo12334 -- please read a previous response in this thread from a Shaw employee:

2019-11-05 08:26 AM 

Please contact our customer support team so they can do an equipment trace to resolve this.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online-chat is given priority over telephone).

Note that this discussion forum is "user-to-user" -- it is not an official path to contact Shaw.

0 Kudos

I have had the same thing happen to me here AGAIN. I had...

jaybex20
Grasshopper

I have had the same thing happen to me here AGAIN.

I had to dispute the first time in order for this to be removed from my credit report. I will be doing this AGAIN because I have returned everything and yet still have collections activity. EVEN though no one contacted me. This is why I will never ever be a shaw customer again

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help