Help please

yeghugo
Grasshopper

I had to switch to telus do to a technical support from one of your techs (who did a horrible job), and my neightbour cut the cable which goes from one side of his house to mine. ( over a 50 yard cable) and I had to call you guys to fix it, and second tech came and put another 50 yard cable. (still did not send someone to fix my problem) afraid and frustrated that my neighbor will cut the cable again, I tried to go to telus. Telus could not delivered, so I tried to stay with Shaw and you guys canceled my account (which was requested) and two hours later, and managed to reconnect shaw my bill is 50 dollars higher for the same service. the reason why I went to telus on the first place was because someone on your side did not connected my cable right. also, my neighbor can cut the  cable any minute he want. I am at his mercy at this point. now I will be paying more money for my cable, and I still have the same technical issue that I had since I had my other contract. (how fair is that?) also now I am being send from internet support, to customer service, to technical support, to billing, and now to technical support again. also, I have to call 1(866)3447429 to put the cable underground. why me if I am a customer. now I am having bad customer service, paying more, having issues with my cable that can be disconnected any minute, and absolutely no one to help me at all, or connect me to someone who can actually do something for this matter. please I need someone to contact me thank you.

**mod removed**

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- frustrated that my neighbor will cut the cable again...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@yeghugo --  frustrated that my neighbor will cut the cable again

Report your neighbour's "mischief" (a criminal offense) to your local police.

File a claim in Small Claims Court (that is the name in B.C. -- the name may be different in Alberta) if you can prove that the neighbour did it.

That $50 fee is "standard" with Shaw, i.e., for a technician to run coaxial-cable to a new location inside your house.

Finally, this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw.

While reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink to make feedback directly to Shaw.

Hi  I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles you have been ha...

g-idk
Master

Hi @yeghugo I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles you have been having, This is only a peer to peer help forum not an actual channel to Shaw Support, so we won't be able to help you much.  All I can suggest is that you once again contact Shaw directly with the chat service (preferred) or phone them.  As for your neighbor I agree with the other poster that you should contact the police.  You can also file a complaint to Shaw using the Your Voice link mentioned in the other post.  Sorry I wasn't more help for you on this matter.  P.S.  Please Please never put your real name and phone number on a public forum for everyone to read it's just not safe to do that.  In closing Good Luck.   

0 Kudos

Does the line attach to any structure on your neighbour’s...

rstra
Grand Master

@yeghugo Does the line attach to any structure on your neighbour’s property (yard pole, out building) and then go to your house, or does it just cross his property? Either way, it sounds like an aerial trespass and Shaw should correct that. Not sure how it works in Alberta, but maybe you and your neighbour could get the municipality to pressure Shaw to fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help