Jump to solution

How do I “unbridge” my router from an AirPort Extreme that no longer exists?

lewiscarter87
Grasshopper

When my router was originally set up by Shaw, the technician bridged it to my girlfriends AirPort Extreme. I want to use only the original router now and it doesn’t seem to be working properly. I already did a pin reset and it helped. Unsure if it being bridged has anything to do with these problems. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: How do I “unbridge” my router from an AirPort Extreme that no longer exists?

rickatk
Master

You definitely need to unbridge your Shaw router because as of right now the wirelss functions are being performed by the now vacated Airport Extreme. You can do that by contacting Shaw. They will unbridge the router in very quick order. Alternatively go into the settings webpage 10.0.0.1. Log in and navigate to the wirelss connection section. There is a function to disable bridging. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jump to solution

Re: How do I “unbridge” my router from an AirPort Extreme that no longer exists?

rickatk
Master

You definitely need to unbridge your Shaw router because as of right now the wirelss functions are being performed by the now vacated Airport Extreme. You can do that by contacting Shaw. They will unbridge the router in very quick order. Alternatively go into the settings webpage 10.0.0.1. Log in and navigate to the wirelss connection section. There is a function to disable bridging. 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help