Jump to solution

How to disconnect services?

HelpMe_Please
Grasshopper

I have been trying to contact Shaw support to disconnect my account.  I phoned Shaw and they told me I had to speak with an agent. I have been on hold for four hours?  Will Shaw answer the phone?

Can anyone give me the postal address of Shaw - I would like to send a complaint.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I am surprised that you were not given an option to leave...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I am surprised that you were not given an option to leave your telephone-number, to get a "callback" from Shaw.

Is Shaw's postal address listed on your monthly bill?

Shaw has retail outlets, where you can take in your Shaw equipment, and close your account, in person.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

I am surprised that you were not given an option to leave...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I am surprised that you were not given an option to leave your telephone-number, to get a "callback" from Shaw.

Is Shaw's postal address listed on your monthly bill?

Shaw has retail outlets, where you can take in your Shaw equipment, and close your account, in person.

Jump to solution

After being hung up on three times I left my number and g...

StillWaiting
Grasshopper

After being hung up on three times I left my number and got a callback. Told them I wanted to disconnect at the start of the conversation. They tried to sell me new plans. When they finally understood that I wanted to disconnect they transferred me to a different department where I waited an hour for someone to answer. Finally I hung up. This was the second time I went through this process today. I also spent hours waiting to get through to their chat line. When I finally connected with one of these people I told them immediately that I wanted to disconnect. The asked for all kinds of information them tried to sell me a new plan. When I finally got through to them that I didn't want to buy a new plan they said they could not help me. Why did they waste my time then? I have spent 7.5 hours on the phone trying to get through to someone who could disconnect my internet and I am not one bit closer.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Were you transferred to Shaw's "Loyalty" department, i.e....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Were you transferred to Shaw's "Loyalty" department, i.e., to offer you a discount on your services?

Given that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused Shaw to close all their retail outlets, going face-to-face is not an option for you to return all your "rented" hardware: cable-modem, phone-modem, PVR.

So, one trick is to call very early in the morning, or very late in the evening, when the local office is closed. Your call will be routed to a call-centre in some other province, where I hope that you will connect to a more-helpful employee.

Have you have signed-up for a "two-year Value Plan"? A few months ago, I had a team of Telus door-to-door sales representatives, at my front door, offering to "buy me out" of that plan, i.e., pay for all the remaining months, if I switched to Telus.  This is something to consider, if you think that Shaw's retail office will re-open, in a few months, to allow you to do a face-to-face cancellation.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help