How to do Port Forwarding if device does not show in dropdown list

Spryngstv
Grasshopper

Hello,

I am trying to set up SFTP access for my D-Link NAS device via port forwarding, but when I go to the Port Forwarding location in the settings, there is only a dropdown list, no section to enter by IP address, and the device, despite having IPv6 disabled and showing up in the device list on other pages, does NOT show up in the Port Forwarding device list.

I was able to get it working for a whole day using the D-Link device's own uPNP function, but this stopped working after a day and will not work anymore no matter how many times I try to reconfigure it through there.

What do I do? I can't find any other relevant help other than turning off IPv6 which I already tried, and everything else I could think of, but it refuses to list the device in the Port Forwarding device list.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

What I see on the web-interface to my HITRON cable-modem...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

What I see on the web-interface to my HITRON cable-modem does have a field for "local" IP-address.

Capture.JPG

Does this help?

It is Jul 2023 and I am having this problem also. Trying...

CarlosCosta
Grasshopper

It is Jul 2023 and I am having this problem also. Trying to Port Forward to a Synology NAS that is connected to one of the Ethernet ports. In the Port Forwarding Drop-down list only the Wi-Fi connections show up as connected devices. None of the Ethernet connected devices appear.

How to Port Forward to an Ethernet connected device??

Carlos

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help