How to get Shaw to cancel my service

Parham
Grasshopper

My service ends on the 1st, i've been trying to cancel it for 2 weeks now. I get on the phone line put my # for call back and for the 6th time today... as soon as i was put as position 1 in the queue(from the callback) my call was dropped. I have spoken with customer reps twice now and they "transfer" me.. and it just drops me (all after they find out i want to cancel). I have filed a CRTC complaint, but i dont know how else to cancel my service.

3 Replies

I have been on the phone for over 5 and a half hours tryi...

amtpresto
Grasshopper

I have been on the phone for over 5 and a half hours trying to cancel my service today (October 26). It has been absolutely horrible and I quite honestly cannot understand how to speak with someone. 

0 Kudos

I apologize for the poor experience and am sorry to hear...

@Parham @amtpresto  I apologize for the poor experience and am sorry to hear you leave us. We definitely want to help complete your request and have been expecting longer than usual wait times. Cancellations can only be made on the phone. I appreciate your continued patience.

0 Kudos

I had good luck one time having a new service provider co...

shaw_user1
Grasshopper

I had good luck one time having a new service provider contact Shaw on my behalf to cancel my services with them.

Subsequently, Shaw promptly got on the phone with me the next day and made me an offer I couldn't refuse (to stay).

Up until that point, I had been lied to by every customer service rep at Shaw saying, "this is the best we can offer you."

(I've got 12 months of statements after that to prove they were all lying.)

In any event, see if your new service provider can "send a cancellation order" for you.

Good luck!

TALK TO US
Need more help?