Highlighted
Jump to solution

I am trying to cancel the Shaw internet but they never an...

Grasshopper

I am trying to cancel the Shaw internet but they never answer the phone call. When I ask tho call me back, they call but there is nobody in there to talk to you.

This company is a scam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

> I  am trying to cancel the Shaw internet ... If you hav...

Grand Master

> I  am trying to cancel the Shaw internet ...

If you have any "rented" equipment from Shaw, e.g., phone modem, PVR, cable-modem/router, you must return that equipment at your local Shaw retail outlet, to avoid being charged the full purchase-price. So, when you are at that location, cancel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I am currently dealing with the exact same problem. Been...

Grasshopper

I am currently dealing with the exact same problem. Been trying to cancel for 4 days now. Talk to someone, then get transferred to cancelation department, sit on hold for up to two hrs, then call gets disconnected. 
This has to be illegal. 
I am in complete disbelief at how frustrating this has been. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I'm very sorry for delay in reaching us. With everything...

@Douglas87 I'm very sorry for delay in reaching us. With everything going on currently, we're a little behind so your patience is very much appreciated. We are working on responding to everyone as quickly as possible!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I have had the same problem. I was on hold for hours with...

Grasshopper
Spoiler
I

I have had the same problem. I was on hold for hours with them Saturday only to have the call drop multiple times. All the agents I spoke to said they are busy but if you want to upgrade or sign up for new services it can be done right away. I am still waiting to speak to them today 2 hours later.   You can put in a compliant with CCTS  http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I need to cancel my Internet from March 1st. I am not pay...

Grasshopper

I need to cancel my Internet from March 1st. I am not paying for a service I no longer have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

> I need to cancel my Internet from March 1st. As mention...

Grand Master

> I need to cancel my Internet from March 1st.

As mentioned above, you need to contact Shaw, and verify that it really is your account, before Shaw will cancel.

Highlighted
Jump to solution

I have also been trying this month march 2020 where its c...

Grasshopper

I have also been trying this month march 2020 where its corona tym and no store is open ehere i can go to cancel it but these guys put me hold for long tym and hung up the phone. I cant even cancel my plan till now and its going to be next month. I really felt disappointed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

all of our teams on chat, social and the phone are availa...

@Aman2 all of our teams on chat, social and the phone are available to help with disconnecting your services. With everything going on, we're a little behind so your patience is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jump to solution

Yeah, you keep on saying “with everything going on”, what...

Grasshopper

Yeah, you keep on saying “with everything going on”, what the hell are you talking about? It’s still the same old **bleep** pile over there at Shaw. You where doing the same thing long before Covid. Shaw is shifty as hell. I sign I new contract for more money because  I moved.  And you guys hit me with a cancellation fee, (160.00),  billed me for that month in advance that I have been paying even though I cancelled, (charged me twice for the same month in two different addresses even though I start new contract at new house), charged me 650.00 dollars for equipment that I returned and have the tracking numbers for. For 1000.00 in bull**bleep** fees and then threatened me with collection agencies. Then give me a service that breaks up and pixelates every 30 seconds and drops he entire internet at least twice a day, sometimes 10-15 times a day. Shaw needs to understand that these contracts are binding both ways. That means you have to live up to your end of the agreement as well or you are in breach. Shaw needs to be hit with a class action as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?