I cannot get on the Hotspot 2.0 access points.

davidsandbrand
Grasshopper

I cannot get on the Hotspot 2.0 access points.

I have an iPhone 6 running IOS v12.0.1

I have registered my phone, from on the phone, and installed the connection profile. However, when I do this, the MAC address that is registered in my account is wrong. It's a MAC like 12:02:00:01:ee:fc (and I've noticed that when I do this again, the MAC increments by a couple digits each time - first :f8, then :fa, and now :fc).

I have also manually registered my correct MAC in my my.shaw.ca account, however manually doing this does not put a checkmark in the 'Hotspot 2.0' column. This does allow me to connect to ShawOpen networks fine.

If I manually select the ShawPasspoint network, I'm asked to Enter the password for "ShawPasspoint", and asked for a username, to select an identity, and a mode. Nothing I enter here works, nor would I expect it to on a certificate-based authentication.

I've found similar thread with the same problems, but none have a clear answer. None of the solutions in these work for me either.
https://community.shaw.ca/thread/36422
https://community.shaw.ca/thread/37441

Any ideas or help?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: I cannot get on the Hotspot 2.0 access points.

shaw-tony

Hey davidsandbrand,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I will recommend looking into your iPhone settings by going to Settings > General > Device Management, Profile Management, or Profile & Device Management, then tap on the app's configuration profile. If there is a Hotspot 2.0 certificate, then registering your device on your MyShaw account should let you gain access. Otherwise, I'd recommend removing the MAC address from your MyShaw account, then re-registering the device so it asks if you would like to download the Hotspot 2.0 certificate to enable ShawPasspoint access. 

Hope that helps,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

No I did all the steps above I’m having the same issue ha...

Jenn22
Grasshopper

No I did all the steps above I’m having the same issue having difficulty calling Shaw for two days trying to resolve this . I have now cleared the MAC address twice downloaded the certificate re checked my password even though I shouldn’t need it . Manually and auto attempted a hundred times threw the website and the certificate thing and the wifi settings menus. Pls help thank you 

0 Kudos

I've heard reports that it could be a certificate error....

shaw-tony

@Jenn22 I've heard reports that it could be a certificate error. Did you recently upgrade your phone or re-image your phone? The only way to resolve this is to do a complete factory reset on the phone (not recommended as your files/pictures/contacts would be deleted). I'd recommend reaching out to Apple to see if there is a work around they are aware of.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help