Jump to solution

I need an extender for my barn

MJC1
Grasshopper

Hi,

I am with shaw and have a barn that is a couple hundred feet away from my house I want to put a camera in my barn will the blue-curve extender work if I plug it into the barn?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

From the FAQ: Your first Pod needs to be placed in an are...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From the FAQ:

Your first Pod needs to be placed in an area with a strong WiFi connection.  A good rule of thumb would be at least one room separating it from your Gateway (within approximately 20 to 30 feet). Then, your remaining Pods should be evenly spaced from each other into outlets throughout your home, close to the areas where you currently have poor coverage.

Putting just one pod in the barn will not work, if you do not already have a strong WiFi connection in the barn.

You'll have to put a pod inside a room of your house, or on that room's exterior wall, as close as possible to a "line-of-sight" path to your barn, and then another pod on the outside of your barn, in that "line-of-sight", to make it possible, but not guaranteed, to try to make a connection.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

From the FAQ: Your first Pod needs to be placed in an are...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From the FAQ:

Your first Pod needs to be placed in an area with a strong WiFi connection.  A good rule of thumb would be at least one room separating it from your Gateway (within approximately 20 to 30 feet). Then, your remaining Pods should be evenly spaced from each other into outlets throughout your home, close to the areas where you currently have poor coverage.

Putting just one pod in the barn will not work, if you do not already have a strong WiFi connection in the barn.

You'll have to put a pod inside a room of your house, or on that room's exterior wall, as close as possible to a "line-of-sight" path to your barn, and then another pod on the outside of your barn, in that "line-of-sight", to make it possible, but not guaranteed, to try to make a connection.

TALK TO US
We're here to help