Jump to solution

Import contacts from Excel or CSV to Shaw webmail

Not applicable

I am trying to import some email contacts from Excel or CSV file to Shaw Webmail contacts.  Is this possible?

I've read the Shaw article on how to do this but it doesn't explain what file format(s) and file layout is needed to import the file successfully.  Any other tips on how to do this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Clarence

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Import contacts from Excel or CSV to Shaw webmail

shaw-tony

crg ah, it depends based on the formats I listed. For example, I exported from Outlook 2003 and Windows Live. I have attached two excel file examples. Hope that helps! Let me know

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey crg,

You should be able to import an Excel CSV file with the steps here. It should auto-detect the type of file. The formats should be based on the list below:

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Thanks Tony for the instructions. I understand the import process , but I'm unclear as to the file layout the data needs to be in. I'm assuming first name, last name, email, etc. need to be in a certain order. Or is that what you mean by the  formats you listed?  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

crg ah, it depends based on the formats I listed. For example, I exported from Outlook 2003 and Windows Live. I have attached two excel file examples. Hope that helps! Let me know

Jump to solution

Not applicable

Thanks Tony! That's what I was trying to find. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes. Clarence

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

The import worked once I put my Excel file into the Outlook format you provided. Thanks again! That will save me a lot of time!

TALK TO US
We're here to help