Incorrect offer?

Victor14
Grasshopper

I was sent an email this morning from Shaw because I am a customer of their internet service. This is the following offer as advertised on my email. 

Great news, we took a look at your account and we have new Internet offers available to you. Switch to Fibre+ Gig Internet for $99/mo1 on a new 2-year ValuePlan2.

When I called the number provided +18882690462 the customer service rep did not know about this value offer and instead she quoted me a higher price than the $99 offer.

I'm curious if anybody else has received the same offer or if it was a mistake on Shaw's part or maybe it was a mistake by the customer service rep who could not provide me with the quoted value price of $99 for fiber plus gig internet.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Thanks for reaching out! The first thing you want to chec...

shaw-ada

@Victor14 Thanks for reaching out! The first thing you want to check is if the email you've received is a legitimate email from us. What is the sender's email address (From)? Our official correspondence ends with @sjrb.ca. Also, our support number is 1888-472-2222. Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Yes, that's what I first thought of but the email address...

Victor14
Grasshopper

Yes, that's what I first thought of but the email address and service number are correct. email@shaw.sjrb.ca and 1-888-269-0462. 

I guess I'm just frustrated because the offer was a good deal but it's somehow not available to me. I'm glad for the email though, because it has made me research fibre internet and now I will be replacing it for my normal internet. I don't think I'll stay with Shaw though as I am put off by this incident and Bell also offers fibre internet.

0 Kudos

To clarify, our official correspondence looks something l...

shaw-ada

@Victor14 To clarify, our official correspondence looks something like this -- username@sjrb.ca. And not email@shaw.sjrb.ca. Please report this phishing email.

0 Kudos

Thanks for informing me. I just forwarded the email and r...

Victor14
Grasshopper

Thanks for informing me. I just forwarded the email and reported it as phising. I am worried now because I provided them with my account details. I am also mad because shaw does not list their contact number on it's website, instead opting for chat. I always prefer to call and speak to someone in person. Can you let me know if this number is a legitimate Shaw contact number 1-888-269-0462. This is the number I called, which I thought was Shaw. I will now call Shaw's customer service line you provided me and try to speak to security so that my account is not corrupted.

0 Kudos

- In August 2021, my nephew (a Telus Internet customer) r...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Victor14 - In August 2021, my nephew (a Telus Internet customer) received a flyer from Shaw, via Canada Post.

The offer, only to non-current (outside of 90 days) Shaw customers:

• Fibre+ 500 Internet for $79/month for the first 24 months
  • $50 bonus credit
  • Fibre+ Gateway 2.0 -- the best in-home WiFi Technology [this is the "XB7" cable-modem, with WiFi 6]
  • Call us now to take advantage of this exclusive offer: 1-877-815-9198
  • Add Total TV to your bundle for $50/month for the first 24 months
  • When subscribing to Total TV on a Two-Year Value Plan, customers receive up to 2 complimentary Shaw TV Players

The brochure claimed "Telus PureFibre Internet 300 ... $95/mo".

To me, this sounds like a good deal -- latest cable-modem, two TV players, WiFi 6, and 500/100 Internet.

But, my nephew does not want TV channels -- NetFlix & Apple TV+ is what he streams.

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear this. Make sure you change MyShaw password...

shaw-ada

@Victor14 Sorry to hear this. Make sure you change MyShaw password and email address if you have one. Also, update your security password on your Shaw account. We'd like to correct you about our support number. It has always been posted on our contact us page. I have also provided you our support number in my 1st reply. If you search 1888-269-0462 over Google, you'll get some funny search results. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help