Highlighted

int 300 worst choice for gaming so far

jiho
Grasshopper

internet 300‌ arris xb6

i've been using int.150 about 3 years and very satisfied. so i switched to 300 about 3 month ago.

right after i switched, i noticed i can not play internet game due to frequently lag and DC.

these days i play battelground with my friends, i am the only one having issue with lagging and disconnecting. but they are using telus or slower one from shaw...  of course it is not happening all the time but once it started... all i can do is just turn off.

i am spending more money and i am the only one have problem while i play game with friends...

i've been research to solve this dc problem. i found there is nothing i can do about it. because 2 years contract.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31734126-Arris-XB6-Advanced-Modem-Router 

https://www.badmodems.com/Tools.htm

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.1.1.0.46
Software Image Name: TG3482SHW_3.0p29s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: TG3482G
Packet Cable: 1.5
Dec 6 between 1am - 2am... cant play pubg battleground....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now i switched back to int 150 and i played online game more than 10hrs.
experiencing no more disconnection so far.
if anyone thinking switching 300 to 150, do not waste time to talk to tech guy, just talk to billing team.
usually, takes 30 - 50 mins to hold so i was been hold about an hour to talk to tech guy and billing team.
9 Replies

Re: int 300 worst choice for gaming so far

adikajt
Grasshopper

Min seems fine, I have no issues, not sure whats happening with you. 

0 Kudos

jiho
Grasshopper

wow really?

as you can see my pic attachment, there are many times ping spikes so bad.

can you test puma6 chip test and share the result for me?

http://www.dslreports.com/tools/puma6 

thanks.

0 Kudos

jake77
Grasshopper

Hi Jiho,

I had same issues after signing up for 300 on a new contract. Switched back to 150 with old modem and having zero issues now. XB6 300 is terrible for online gaming. Took Shaw over 10 days to show up so i couldn't cancel.

0 Kudos

jiho
Grasshopper

thank you for sharing Jake.

i need to talk to shaw.

0 Kudos

junny
Grasshopper

did you manage to downgrade? If so, how's ur monthly price? I heard some ppl got screwed with downgrades

0 Kudos

snyp1193
Grasshopper

Try and switch your modem to the Technicolor XB6 and see what happens. It fixed all the issues I’ve been having with online gaming and ping spikes. 

0 Kudos

jiho
Grasshopper

Thanks for sharing. But it's kinda late  for me.

I already switched back to 150 and made new contact. Of course I can move to 300 again with new contact but 150 is fast enough.

Yeah I will keep that in mind if I want to upgrade to 300 I will ask tech for technicolor one not arris.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

jiho
Grasshopper

mine is 85 + tax with 2 year contract.

which is the same price before i moved 150 to 300.

they doubled up speed so should i call 300 to 600 now....

0 Kudos

zylonite
Grasshopper

puma

This is my result from a test on Jan/19/2019 on internet 300. No issue so far. I don't think the latency is related to 150 or 300 because I had tons of latency issues even on my 150 speed (Check my previous posts). 

I shouldn't post this here because Shaw network definitely has latency issues and some idiot from Shaw support will see this and say everything is fine and issue closed, but my point is that the issue is independent to 300 or 150 speed. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?