Internet Connection Disconnection

briandc1
Grasshopper

The internet connection is keep on disconnecting every 30 minutes or an hour. Both WiFi and Ethernet Cables are getting disconnected, also the Bluecurve modem shows that I have an internet (which is the white light) but I'm disconnected. I kept on experiencing this everyday. I always restart or remove the electricity cable from the outlet, and it keeps on happening everyday. What can I do or how can I fix this problem?

2 Replies

oh no, that's a very frustrating situation. It may be a s...

shaw-tony

@briandc1 oh no, that's a very frustrating situation. It may be a signal or power-related issue. I'd recommend reseating your coax cable connections from the wall outlet/splitter to the modem. Also, plug the modem direct to the wall receptacle instead of a power bar. 

0 Kudos

> ... it keeps on happening everyday. What can I do or ho...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> ... it keeps on happening everyday. What can I do or how can I fix this problem?

This is a user-to-user forum, not an official path to contact Shaw. What you should do is to contact Shaw (Chat or Telephone) to get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to check its status, including "signal strength" and "brown-out of AC power". They might dispatch a technician, to check the signal-strength at the "demarcation box" (where the coaxial-cable from the telephone pole goes into a box on the outside of your home) or they might ship you a replacement BlueCurve modem, under the assumption that your current modem is faulty.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help