Highlighted

> It looks like depending how quickly I catch it, its tim...

mdk
Grasshopper

> It looks like depending how quickly I catch it, its timing out pretty much everywhere ...

> it`s timed out at 2, 5, 6, 10 and 12 

To continue my analogy about driving an automobile over several bridges to reach the destination, if the FIRST bridge at the intersection of your street and the next street is briefly/temporarily "out", then you (temporarily) cannot drive to your destination.

The packets that are intended (by TRACERT) for those remote bridges (5, 6, 10, 12) are not being returned to your computer, and thus you see the "asterisk", because the packets are being dropped SOMEWHERE between your computer and those remote bridges.

Another analogy: if your child's school-teacher gives your child a permission-form for your child to attend some extra-curricular event, and your child gives the form to you, and you complete it, and give it back to the child, for delivery to your teacher, and the child never delivers it to the teacher, you have a broken "loop" between you & the teacher. Whom do you blame, when the child cannot attend the event? The teacher, for not sending the form, or the teacher for mis-filing the completed form, or yourself, for not completing the form, or your child, for not correctly (twice) transmitting the form? A "failure" anywhere along this path generates an "asterisk".

0 Kudos

I've done the tracert and given you all the information,...

dietpepsirocks
Grasshopper

I've done the tracert and given you all the information, did it like 20 times.  Every time its timing out at different spots of the tracert, so whats that tell you?

SHAW, UPDATE US.

0 Kudos

our engineer has advised that a software patch was made o...

@dietpepsirocks @firegryph @dianarib our engineer has advised that a software patch was made on Dec 12th to resolve any overnight disconnects. If issues are still persisting, it may a signal related issue and a technician visit is recommended.

@Bulfr0g maintenance updates are made overnight as it has the least impact on the service. I'd recommend checking shaw.ca/updates for any maintenance alerts.

@Supermochi checking into your account, it may be a cause of poor signal as it is out of spec. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far and have you had a service technician visit you to resolve this?

thank you for this update!   I will admit, I havent had i...

firegryph
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony  thank you for this update!   I will admit, I havent had issues for a few days now, perhaps since the 12th, but I was hesitant to call it fixed since I had had days of good connection in the past.    If I end up disconnecting again as I was, I will be sure to return.  

Again, thank you for the news!

I am still getting dropping every night. We have a wirele...

Jennm
Grasshopper
I am still getting dropping every night. We have a wireless thermostat that communicates to the furnace using RedLink. The RedLink is plugged in directly to the router. And since Nov 12 when we got Shaw BlueCurve every night service is interrupted and the RedLink Gateway drops. This means that my thermostat and furnace cannot talk. The only way to re-initiate communication on the RedLink network is to restart the thermostat. If you don't do this the furnace doesn't get the temperature reading or a signal to turn on. Never had a problem before switching to BlueCurve for 3 years with this new furnace/thermostat. Now it's all the time. As it's been so cold lately I have to schedule a time to wake up in the night to restart the RedLink network so the house stays warm. This is ridiculous. I want to add that this also happens throughout the day as well, but because I'm home and can restart it when the furnace isn't kicking in its not "as bad". But a least a dozen times a day the WiFi is dropping. I have also contacted Lennox and Honeywell for support in the off-chance that this is a defect. Not the case
0 Kudos

A drastic bypass to your "RedLink" problem could be to de...

mdk
Grasshopper

A drastic bypass to your "RedLink" problem could be to deploy a third-party [D-Link, Linksys] wireless router (even an old one that can only do "Wireless G" speed), configure a name for its wireless network, and then connect only the thermostat and the furnace to that network, in the hope that this network will not have the "drop-out" problem.  This router need not be connected to the rest of your network, nor to the Internet.

TALK TO US
Need more help?