IPV6 no longer working on Arris XB6.

Not applicable

We just got Internet 150 setup on Sept 5th. Tech came and just hooked up the modem (Arris XB6) and I was happy to see the IPv6 status on my LAN connection on my PC said IPv6 connected.  Sadly today I noticed the modem says its giving out IPv6 address to all my devices but not a single one is working. Ive tried everything, factory resets on the modem, disabling IPv4 to force IPv6 (that just gives me no internet). I tried the test IPv6 websites and now it says its not support but it just was a week ago!

So what has happened? Only thing I can think of is that we had two internet plans overlap for a bit (we had a new 150 plan installed on 5th and the old 150 wasn't cancelled till the 10th) maybe thats how we had two IPs?

Also not a huge note but the DHCP does not work for IPv4. It seems bugged, you can pick any number you want for example my pc 10.0.0.3, when you go to save it it just ignores it and puts it back at its assigned IP 10.0.0.45 BUT it will change to say Reserved IP but its not... this firmware seems very buggy.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: IPV6 no longer working on Arris XB6.

Not applicable

Try reserving the IP inside the DHCP range.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

The DHCP range is 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.255. It doesnt matter what number it says it works but when you go back and look, it didnt take.

On a side note... about 10 minutes ago I looked at my LAN status and for some reason it now says IPv6 - Internet and now its all working! I was told my issue was being forwarded to the network engineers... maybe they did something behind the scene?

0 Kudos

mjducharme
Grasshopper

The IPv6 issue might have been a weird routing issue where your prefix did not get routed to your CPE, then the computers would get IPv6 addresses but would have no Internet connectivity (with the route missing or somehow wrong). This is supposed to happen automatically with DHCPv6 prefix delegation but I have seen a few issues where sometimes the CPE device thinks it has the prefix lease but the ISP end no longer shows the lease as in use and so no longer has the route to get traffic back to the CPE device.

The IPv4 DHCP problem may not be a bug. Keep in mind that when you reserve an IP for a computer, you have to try to coax the computer off of the old IP address, otherwise it will continue to try to use the same old one. If using Windows, that would be ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew from the command prompt.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help