Highlighted

Is it possible to disable IPv6 through the Technicolor CGM4140COM XB6 Bluecurve modem settings?

Grasshopper

I know this can be done on a device basis, but not on an iPhone. Unfortunately, IPv6 leaks your IP address when connected to a VPN (another reason to dislike the XB6). I can't seem to find the setting when I go to the router settings (http://10.0.0.1/).

3 Replies
Highlighted

-- leaks your IP address What does it see -- the "public"...

Grand Master

@TheFonz -- leaks your IP address

What does it see -- the "public" IPv4 address that Shaw's DHCP-server assigned to your cable-modem, or the "private" IPv4 address for devices on your LAN?

Will your request work?  If your device chooses to send/receive via IPv6, and you do achieve blocking of IPv6 on the Shaw router, what will your computer do?  Will it fail to connect -- "no response from VPN-server" -- or will it "fall-over" to using IPv4?

If you disable IPv6 on your device, what information "leaks" to the VPN-server?  That server must know your "public" IPv4 address, in order to respond to your VPN-client.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Please stop replying to my posts. It seems the only reaso...

Grasshopper

@mdk Please stop replying to my posts. It seems the only reason you're here is to increase your post tally. 

I asked a simple question that has a simple yes or no answer. You then chime-in and start going on and on and on about something which isn't what I'm asking, Stop complicating the most basic issues. If I want convoluted responses I'll post on Reddit. I suggest you exit Shaw Forums and post there. Have a great day. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

- It seems the only reason you're here is to increase you...

Grand Master

@TheFonz - It seems the only reason you're here is to increase your post tally.

Yes, as always, you're absolutely correct -- being ranked as Grand Master is never enough for me. :-^

As Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli said: "sit on it".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?