Jump to solution

Is Shaw go wifi device specific?

Not applicable

HI,

I registered  my iphone 6 to shaw go wifi and then sold it about 2 years later. Have a iphone 8 now and it automatically hooked up to Shaw go wifi. It must have picked up the settings when I set up the iphone 8. Is that correct?

I tried adding the iphone 8 as a new device but Shaw wont see it as I am already registered I guess.

It works so I guess I'm OK. But would be nice to know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Is Shaw go wifi device specific?

shaw-tony

Hey lowd0wn,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. Shaw Go WiFi is device specific as it should be recognizing the WiFi MAC address from the device. If you are noticing it is not recognizing it, you can always remove your iPhone 6 MAC address with the steps here, then add your iPhone 8 into there. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey lowd0wn,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. Shaw Go WiFi is device specific as it should be recognizing the WiFi MAC address from the device. If you are noticing it is not recognizing it, you can always remove your iPhone 6 MAC address with the steps here, then add your iPhone 8 into there. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Yeah 2 months to get an answer is long. You mentioned this forum is not monitored as closely as other support forums. Can you mention the other support systems I should use  as I have never received fast response from this forum in any of the areas I have posted.

Also I mentioned in my post that Shaw go wifi is working fine on my iphone 8. as it must have picked up my settings from my iphone 6. But you said it was device specific. So why is mine working??

I just left it as long as I am getting wifi- why change it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

You can always reach out to us on the phone, chat, Facebook Messenger or Twitter from our contacts here for a more immediate response. If it is working, there is no need to change it. It may have just recognized your phone profile and auto-connected.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help