Is there a different factory login for the Arris XB6?

csharar
Grasshopper

I had to reset my router as my password was not allowing me to login to the router. Upon factory reset (using a pin and the inset button on the back of the device) it didn't seem to reset the username and password to what is stated on the shaw help website.

username: admin

password: password

Is there a different password that is used? The username is noted by the router as correct, but it won't accept the password. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Labels (2)
3 Replies

Re: Is there a different factory login for the Arris XB6?

shaw-tamara

Hi  

If you've done a factory reset, it should be back to the default settings now. You can set it up again using the instructions on How to complete first time setup of the XB6 Advanced WiFi modem Let us know if that doesn't work for you! 

0 Kudos

Re:   Is there a different factory login for the Arris XB6?

Not applicable

admin:password is the factory defaults for the modem.

The modems are customized for Shaw in a lot of ways..  The default username and password should be on a sticker on the modem.

0 Kudos

Re: Is there a different factory login for the Arris XB6?

csharar
Grasshopper

I have followed the steps and attempted to login and still get the password is incorrect screen. I have reset the router twice again to attempt to follow the instructions to no avail. I don't understand why it is not working.

TALK TO US
We're here to help