Is there some sort of bottle-necking that happens at specific intervals?

xenith57
Grasshopper

I'm curious to know..

It's not that I have a bad connection, 99% of the time, it's great.. I get my expected (and sometimes more than expected rates).

The issue is that at roughly 6:20 ish pm, my connection comes to an almost crawl.. This lasts roughly 20 minutes, and then everything is fine.. 

The down rate is hit, reducing to about 50 mbps, which means, standard usage generally isn't affected, but the up rate drops from 0 to 2 mbpps... 

I stream content, upload is what counts, and is why I noticed it happening. There's a massive loss of frames.

I've reboot the Modem / router / computer more times that I can count at this point.  Even after a reboot, if it's still within that roughly 20 minute window, the connection is still low ball..

And then all of the sudden, bam, normal..  I normally notice is on tuesdays and wednesday as those are the days that I'm normally streaming out, but today(monday) it happened.  When I ran the speed test, it literally bottomed out the up rate at 0..literally no up rate.

This isn't a regular 'my internet sucks' thread.. I'm just confused (and annoyed) as to why it seems like it just bottoms out, at this specific time, for the timeframe that is does..

Any insights?

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Is there some sort of bottle-necking that happens at specific intervals?

shaw-tony

Hey xenith57,

Thank you for reaching out! It is certainly very odd for the speeds to drop so much during such a very specific time. It may be signal related. When you notice the issue, what troubleshooting steps have you tried to see if it helps improve your experience? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Is there some sort of bottle-necking that happens at specific intervals?

xenith57
Grasshopper

Since the time-frame in which it takes place is such a short duration, not to mention i'm in the middle of doing things, aside from a full reboot of the modem, router, pc, I haven't done too much. As I still get a down rate that is relatively ok, I am still able to tend to what I was doing aside from the outgoing streaming.. So I generally just wait it out..

I've undone and re-seat the coax firm in place.

I don't have a system I can directly hook up to it.

It effects both wired and wireless, I've run the multiple speed test sites on my wired and wireless devices to confirm this, so, I'm ruling out my router.

Next time it happens, I'll post again with images.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help