Jan 31 Internet 600 Speeds Dropped.

Not applicable

USG-Pro Speedtest

As you can see, around 2:00 AM January 31st my speeds dropped on both downstream and upstream for no reason. Anyone else seeing this in Calgary? Have tried rebooting my networking equipment, including the Shaw XB6 modem and no issue.

I have Internet 600 (600/20 Mbps). If corbin or someone else from Shaw could look into the cause of this, it would be awesome! These 5 Mbps upload speeds are atrocious.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Jan 31 Internet 600 Speeds Dropped.

Not applicable

Issue appears to be resolved. Local incident according to Shaw rep I talked to on Facebook.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

How are you liking that mesh network? I was looking at the Ubiquiti stuff, possibly doing  few in-wall installations?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

All of my APs are hardwired so I'm not really utilizing the full potential of the mesh networking that Ubiquiti offers. Handoffs between APs have been consistently well done though. I have two In-Wall AC units and two AC-LITE units installed currently. Super overkill for the square-footage, but I was getting some dead spots I wanted to eliminate.

If you're going to get the In-Wall stuff, I'd highly recommend the In-Wall AC Pro or HD units though. The WiFi radiation pattern on the In-Wall units is really only suited for effectively covering the room it has direct line of sight to. The Pro and HD units have the standard AC In-Wall beat on this front hands down.

At some point in the future I'll likely convert my In-Walls to the HD units, and the AC-LITEs to the NanoHD units. Those all share the same mounting hardware essentially, so it'll be an easy swap to Wave 2 WiFi and Multi-MIMO.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help