logs xb6

Not applicable

I am trying to access the XB6 modem logs, any logs, from the last 90 days.

However, they are all empty. System logs, device logs, firewall logs, all empty for the last 90 days.

Any chance we can get that feature enabled?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: logs xb6

shaw-tony

Hey vanadiel,

Sorry for the delay in response to your inquiry. The logs should be working as expected. I gave them a test here and see it did not report any errors (likely there haven't been errors to report on our XB6 here). Are you noticing any issues with the equipment?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

shaw-tony wrote:

Hey vanadiel,

Sorry for the delay in response to your inquiry. The logs should be working as expected. I gave them a test here and see it did not report any errors (likely there haven't been errors to report on our XB6 here). Are you noticing any issues with the equipment?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Sorry, that isn't clear..  When you checked, the logs worked, but didn't report errors?  Or the logs were empty so you believe there are no errors?  (Logs are for logs, regardless if there are errors to log or not).

vanadiel‌ are you looking for the logs for a reason?  Logs will likely be cleared after a reboot, if you are trying to find the reason why your modem may have rebooted?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Well, the thing is I have a few issues with my connection and I was trying to access the logs to see if they would hold any information, alas they are empty. So I don't know if they actually work and nothing was logged, or they do not work and that is why they were empty.

The few things I have:

XB6 homepage becomes unreachable after a week or so, cannot ping it either.

I have an odd ball connectivity issue overnight sometimes, and I see no issues with the actual routing to the game server. It could be the game server, but it could also be on my end. The one I was wondering about is if the daily reboots for the Bluesky box at around 4:00 AM have any correlation to the game disconnects I am experiencing. I only get them overnight, never any other time. 

Now you do have me wondering about possible modem reboots. I would expect that to be logged, the same way windows would log an unexpected shut down or a forced shut down for updates etc...

An unexpected shut down or a temporary unable to reach issue should be logged even after power loss.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

vanadiel wrote:

Now you do have me wondering about possible modem reboots. I would expect that to be logged, the same way windows would log an unexpected shut down or a forced shut down for updates etc...

An unexpected shut down or a temporary unable to reach issue should be logged even after power loss.

Haha  Yes, that would be expected, but embedded devices usually avoid writing to flash, so everything would be logged in RAM, so cleared on reboots.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help