Jump to solution

Long Delay getting Verification Code emails from Microsoft 365 Encryption

Soso406
Grasshopper

Lately I'm receiving encrypted emails using Microsoft Office Message Encryption service. To access the message, I need to request a one-time verification code. However, the emails with the codes took a long time to arrive in my webmail inbox, anywhere from 4 minutes to 9 minutes based on my own testing. These emails did arrive to my phone almost instantaneously though. They will also show up if you do a manual refresh.  So the first couple time I didn't know about this fault, I kept requesting the code and ended up with a whole bunch showed up after a while.

Is it something can be fixed by changing some settings or by Shaw somehow?

My webmail client is 

Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_4059 (build 20210621055853

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- by default, the Shaw WebMail client checks for new mes...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Soso406 -- by default, the Shaw WebMail client checks for new messages every 10 minutes, or after you click the "refresh" icon.

While WebMail is active, you may click "Preferences", and then change the value to a smaller number.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

-- by default, the Shaw WebMail client checks for new mes...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Soso406 -- by default, the Shaw WebMail client checks for new messages every 10 minutes, or after you click the "refresh" icon.

While WebMail is active, you may click "Preferences", and then change the value to a smaller number.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Will change the preference.

Soso406
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply. Will change the preference.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help