Jump to solution

Hi I have tried to call, chat and messenger and I can't g...

MrsMac44
Grasshopper

Hi

I have tried to call, chat and messenger and I can't get anyone to help!!

In the last 2 weeks I have been getting an excessive amount of Junk mail. I posted in our community page in Pitt Meadows, and lots of people have commented on how many we are getting and its mostly the last 2 weeks. 

How do we get help with this, I have phoned, tried chat, messenger and I can not talk to a person at Shaw. The reason I went to Shaw as it was good to talk to a person. 

Service has become terrible lately. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- there are a few other threads in this discussion forum...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MrsMac44 -- there are a few other threads in this discussion forum, reporting the same symptoms.

Shaw states that online chat (www.shaw.ca/chat) is the preferred contact method. Were you able to connect? Or, was it a case that you did chat, but could not get any useful help.

One contributor reported that they added a "filter" for E-mail with an apostrophe (') or underscore (_) in the SUBJECT line.

Most of the "spam" E-mail messages that I have received have:  Reply-to: support@puredigitalprods.com

in the E-mail headers. I added a filter for "puredigitalprods" appearing in the "Reply-to" field.

The spammers seem to have signed-up with AMAZON AWS, and are abusing Amazon's servers to send many messages to many E-mail IDs.

Capture.JPG

You could use "show original" within Shaw WebMail, and contact Amazon: <abuse@amazon.com> to report the violations of their AUP (Appropriate Usage Policy) by the spammer, and including the original message.

What makes it difficult for Shaw's spam-filters is that the "body" of the E-mail does not contain any of the "usual" words - "widow" / "Nigerian prince" / "millions" / "dying" / "transfer". The "body" consists of two images that your brain converts the image into the spammer's words. Compare to reading from a picture that you took of a descriptive plaque beside a piece of art -- it is a picture, but your brain sees words.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I need direct assistance with this as I am a Shaw custome...

DoesNotLikeSpam
Grasshopper

I need direct assistance with this as I am a Shaw customer, and my business emails are being marked as spam when I test them.

We are potentially in a position where we will lose hundreds of thousands in sales and purchases because our business is arbitrarily being marked as spam.

I have spent hours on the phone with tech and they keep repeating the same canned response, "It's in your filter settings on your account."

NO! The Shaw mail server is marking them as spam and I want to know why. 

The tech says the log reads that it is because the email contains a link. The only link in the email is an UNSUBSCRIBE link which is required by law.

I require access to documentation that indicates Shaw's guidelines for not being labeled as spam. This is in the same area as libel or defamation. When our clients receive emails and they have to retrieve them from spam/junk mail it paints our company as potentially dangerous and clients may be less inclined to do business with us. When our customers ask why our emails are arriving in junk mail, we don't have an answer.

If I am unable to receive an adequate answer here, we will have to discuss this with our lawyers and may have to take action against Shaw or our mail provider. To date, Shaw has not provided a sufficient explanation, and our business will continue to be hurt as our productivity wanes since we will have to follow up every client with a phone call, "Did you receive the email we sent you?"

Jump to solution

-- When our customers ask why our emails are arriving in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DoesNotLikeSpam -- When our customers ask why our emails are arriving in junk mail, we don't have an answer

Have you told your customers to add your E-mail ID as a "contact" in your customer's address-book/contact-list ?

Perhaps, the IP-address assigned by Shaw to your cable-modem is flagged as being "bad" ?

Are you using a Microsoft Exchange Server within your business? Is it configured for "Smart Hosting", i.e., sending outgoing E-mail to Shaw's SMTP-server, instead of trying to be the SMTP-server that connects to your customers' SMTP-server?

Jump to solution

-- If I am unable to receive an adequate answer here Note...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DoesNotLikeSpam -- If I am unable to receive an adequate answer here

Note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support. So, nobody participating here is able to give you an authoritative response.

Instead, while reading this message, scroll-down to the "Your Voice" hyperlink. Click it, to make contact with Shaw Support.

Jump to solution

There could be a few reasons why your mail is getting mar...

rstra
Grand Master

@DoesNotLikeSpam There could be a few reasons why your mail is getting marked as spam; some recipients may have marked your mail as spam, or Shaw servers may require sender authentication. Occasionally, emails from eBay and a a couple other organizations that I subscribe to get tagged, this also happens on my gmail account. As @mdk mentioned, we are just Shaw users and would not be able to fix this problem for you,

Jump to solution

Great questions. We are using Gsuite for our mail. How wo...

DoesNotLikeSpam
Grasshopper

Great questions.

We are using Gsuite for our mail.

How would our e-mail be flagged as bad?

Are there criteria?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Great insight. Still doesn't fully explain why I can rece...

DoesNotLikeSpam
Grasshopper

Great insight. Still doesn't fully explain why I can receive an email from discord.gg or from Microsoft and it arrive in my inbox vs my company. I have accidentally clicked spam on those and other business emails several times.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- doesn't fully explain why I can receive an email from...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DoesNotLikeSpam -- doesn't fully explain why I can receive an email from discord.gg or from Microsoft and it arrive in my inbox vs my company

E-mail is sent from Microsoft's SMTP-server to either Shaw's SMTP-server or to your corporate SMTP-server.

It's clear that Shaw's SMTP-server is programmed to do more content-filtering than your corporate SMTP-server.

When you try to telephone the Premier of your province, do you get to talk to that person, or does an Executive Assistant intercept the incoming call, and interview you, before putting your call through?

I once worked at an agency that had a visiting Japanese scientist. The clerk who answered every telephone call learned to recognize that any caller who only said "Fujino, please" was the non-English-speaking husband of the scientist, and immediately forwarded the call. That was the special "content-filtering" that the clerk did.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I have accidentally clicked spam on those and other bu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DoesNotLikeSpam -- I have accidentally clicked spam on those and other business emails several times

Your "click" caused the message to be forwarded to a Shaw employee. If that employee recognized your "accidental" assessment of the message being "spam", the employee would just delete their copy of the message -- and not add anything to the Shaw spam-filters.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help