Mail on Mac

gcstewart1
Grasshopper

I use a mac (Monterey) and one of my email accounts has suddenly stopped working properly.  I still get the emails on my iPhone but they don't appear on my mac until several days later.  Shaw support says they can't help me.  The settings haven't changed.  I'm stumped.....

Labels (1)
2 Replies

-- if you send a message from that particular device, doe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gcstewart1 -- if you send a message from that particular device, does it send immediately? 

Does "sending" also trigger a "receive" action?

Is that device connected to your home WiFi? 

Is your device otherwise working (web-browsing, calling) ?

What is the distance between your device and your Shaw cable-modem? Poor signal strength?

What are the settings on your device?  Is "low-power" mode enabled? Number of seconds/minutes/hours between each "check for new messages" ?

0 Kudos

Hi mkd. Thanks for responding Yes outgoing emails get sen...

gcstewart1
Grasshopper

Hi mkd. Thanks for responding

Yes outgoing emails get sent immediately
No sending an email does not trigger a recieve action. 
My computer is connected to the modem with ethernet.
Everything else is working fine. I have two other email addresses with Shaw and they both sent and receive immediately.
Everything else is working fine. I have two other email addresses with Shaw and they both sent and receive immediately.
Low power mode is not enabled and it was set to check for emails every five minutes but I changed it to immediately to see if that would make a difference. No luck with that.
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help