Menu Descriptions and Other Information Missing

Wash-Shanked
Grasshopper

Whenever I go to "Menu" and look up whatever channel I want to watch, I should be able to see a full description of that show, a star rating, a list of actors, and other such relevant information pertaining to each show.

Each show should be in sequential order, one episode following another. When a production company films something in a particular order it is meant to be viewed in that particular order. Eg; Season 1 Episode 1 followed by Season 1 Episode 2. NOT Season 1 Episode 1 followed by Season 6 Episode 8! Although this is an example, what shows up is even more ludicrous than that, sometimes.

No need to deviate from sequential order. I have even seen it done with Harry Potter movies. What is the point to telling a story like that out of sequence? Doing so out of sequence absolutely ruins that show and the rest of them as well. It destroys the entire viewing.

I, under no circumstance should have to guess what a show's Season or Episode is, or in fact have to guess what the actual show is about. On occasion there is no description at all, nothing but the title, NO description, NO Season or NO Episode numbers. It leaves me guessing what I am about to watch.

This has gone on for far too long, and it is a complete annoyance.

This RUINS Watching. Get someone who is capable of providing this service as it should be. I'm constantly annoyed and it frustrates me to no end.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I assume you are describing a cable box guide, is this li...

rstra
Grand Master

@Wash-Shanked  I assume you are describing a cable box guide, is this live TV or VOD? What equipment are you using, or is this the Shaw TV app? You posted under “internet Discussions.”

0 Kudos

This pertains to a Cable Box.  On the remote - Menu - lef...

Wash-Shanked
Grasshopper

This pertains to a Cable Box.  On the remote - Menu - left side.

0 Kudos

And, which cable box?

rstra
Grand Master

@Wash-Shanked  And, which cable box?

0 Kudos

, omg, really!  Shaw doesn't control the networks decisio...

g-idk
Master

@Wash-Shanked , omg, really!  Shaw doesn't control the networks decision on what they are going to air and in what blooming order they are going to be presented.  And guide info. is provided thru a huge 3rd. party tv listings provider, that in turn only gets what info. is provided to them via the networks themselves.  Don't get me wrong I do agree that all that info. would be welcome for every single episode/movie/special/sports, but that is something that is just not in Shaw's Control.  There is one caveat though, the old original classic guide found on the older model pvr's, I think there are 2 models still left in service that are still active with this old guide system that has limitations on guide info. in other words just the basics.  The HD guide gives more info about actors and such and seasons/episodes (when available) as does the newest Blue Curve guide (when info. available). I'm glad you were able to have somewhere to get this off your chest though, by the way Shaw might not even see your post as this is only a peer to peer discussion forum amongst users trying to help other users and not a direct path to Shaw.  

0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback. I am constructing a lengthy,...

Wash-Shanked
Grasshopper

Thank you for the feedback.

I am constructing a lengthy, specific and thorough email to the only people that have any say over this matter. I've always been of the mindset that everyone has a boss. In this particular case it is abundantly clear that the Top Boss is the CRTC.

Several Shaw people have contacted me and now my aim is true, CRTC gets to hear the complaint. I'm so sick and tired of annoying, low-standard, and shoddy business practices that I'm willing and able to address someone that has the power to do something. Whoever has to deal with me also has a boss. So I'll keep at it until it plays itself out.

Squeaky wheel syndrome.

This is a situation where virtually everyone else wouldn't bother. I've always been the one that will. If it bothers me enough I will. This bothers me enough.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I'll post if the situation warrants it. Cheers.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help