Modem Dropping Internet Connection

Hinchey
Grasshopper

I have the Hitron Modem and the upgraded 300Mbps connection and I am regularly dropping the internet connection. For some reason it seems to happen most often around 10pm at night.  I originally thought it was my Mesh Wifi but then this morning I checked the Modem and the lights were showing the modem had lost connection.

Labels (1)
9 Replies

that's an indication of a signal related issue. I checked...

shaw-tony

@Hinchey that's an indication of a signal related issue. I checked your account and see the upstream signal is a bit off-spec. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

After reading your message I have ensured that all coax c...

Hinchey
Grasshopper

After reading your message I have ensured that all coax connections are tight including the connections at the modem and where the coax enters the house and at the splitters.  I did not notice any loose connections.

0 Kudos

it could be a faulty splitter or a booster is required to...

shaw-tony

@Hinchey it could be a faulty splitter or a booster is required to bring the signal up (as it goes through the wiring in your home). After the steps, have you noticed an improvement?

0 Kudos

I have not noticed improvement, it was just down a few mo...

Hinchey
Grasshopper

I have not noticed improvement, it was just down a few moments ago.

0 Kudos

the signal levels are still off-spec. I'd recommend sched...

shaw-tony

@Hinchey the signal levels are still off-spec. I'd recommend scheduling a service technician to improve those levels and to make sure you don't experience any more disconnections. It may also be a power-related issue if the Hitron/3rd party router is connected to a power bar. 

Can I schedule a service appointment through you?  I am o...

Hinchey
Grasshopper

Can I schedule a service appointment through you?  I am off most of next week which would be convenient if possible.

0 Kudos

Hinchey, Although some Shaw employees participate in this...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Hinchey,

Although some Shaw employees participate in this forum, I recommend that you directly telephone Shaw, toll-free: 1-888-472-2222, to schedule a service appointment, at some mutually-convenient time, next week.

sure, just toss me a DM with your availability/contact nu...

shaw-tony

@Hinchey sure, just toss me a DM with your availability/contact number. Alternatively, our Social Media team is always just as quick.

0 Kudos

I have already contacted directly and scheduled a service...

Hinchey
Grasshopper

I have already contacted directly and scheduled a service appointment for next Wednesday.  Thanks.

TALK TO US
We're here to help