Modem with IP passthough AND bridge mode?

Not applicable

Which Shaw modems have IP passthrough AND bridge mode?  I'd like something with the flexibly of being able to switch between the two modes.

Labels (1)
13 Replies

Re: Modem with IP passthough AND bridge mode?

Not applicable

The Hitron modem you can select pass-through on a per-port or per MAC address modem, but still needs Shaw support to enable/disable actual bridge mode.

The XB6 modem doesn't have pass-through but you can enable/disable bridge mode on your own.

Not applicable

Thanks for the info on the Hitron CGNM-2250 and the Arris XB6!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

How about the Cisco DPC3848V?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Avoid it...  lol

Otherwise it has bridge mode on/off by customer service, same as the Hitron, and it doesn't have pass-through as I recall.

The XB6 is the only modem that Shaw allows it's customers to enable/disable bridge mode on..

I could do it on the DPC3825 for a bit, but then Shaw quickly fixed the hack I was using..  lol  That did prove that they could change and roll-out firmware changes really quickly when they wanted to though 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Just curious, what kind of issues have you had on the Cisco DPC3848V?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Our DPC3848V has been fine for about 1.5 years since installation, but then again, it's also been bridged since installation as I need features that the manufacturer's of these modems just don't provide. It's been rock solid in bridge mode, and operates just as well as our ancient SB5101 used to on Internet 30. However, if you're not bridging it, I highly recommend the Hitron for many, many various reasons I don't have time to go into now.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

How about the Arris SBG6782?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey woovic ,

The Arris SBG6782 can only support IP Passthrough based on the details here. The modem cannot be bridged. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Just to clarify, the Arris SBG6782 supports bridge mode? I read Shaw doesn't support bridge mode on it.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help