Jump to solution

More than one port to forward

EAWright
Grasshopper

I have an old PC that I've turned into a game server for my kids and their friends to play on. However, it appears that using the Shaw App I can only forward a single port to it. When I previously had direct modem/ router access to do port forwarding (10.0.0.1) I was able to configure more than a single port per machine. 

Using the "App" once a port forward has been configured, the same computer cannot be selected again. 

Anyone else have this need and figured out a workaround? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

When I select the Add Port Forward (to add another port)...

EAWright
Grasshopper

When I select the Add Port Forward (to add another port) I am prompted to Select the Device for this port forward and in the available dropdown list the device I am trying to add is no longer listed. 

If I remove the port forward for that device (so there are NO ports configured) and then select Add Port Forward again the device re-appears in the dropdown list. 

After working on getting some screen captures, I discovered that the WAY to do it is NOT select Add Port Forward but to select Edit on the existing device and then Add Port Number which I believe is what you are referring to.  

I believe the issue I was having is that I had to scroll down the popped up window to SEE that option. 

Thanks for prompting me to dig deeper! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

In the app, I can manually add multiple ports to a single...

rstra
Grand Master

@EAWright 

In the app, I can manually add multiple ports to a single device. Do you see the “Add Port Number Option”?

Jump to solution

When I select the Add Port Forward (to add another port)...

EAWright
Grasshopper

When I select the Add Port Forward (to add another port) I am prompted to Select the Device for this port forward and in the available dropdown list the device I am trying to add is no longer listed. 

If I remove the port forward for that device (so there are NO ports configured) and then select Add Port Forward again the device re-appears in the dropdown list. 

After working on getting some screen captures, I discovered that the WAY to do it is NOT select Add Port Forward but to select Edit on the existing device and then Add Port Number which I believe is what you are referring to.  

I believe the issue I was having is that I had to scroll down the popped up window to SEE that option. 

Thanks for prompting me to dig deeper! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help