Multiplayer games not connecting anymore

bluedragon87
Grasshopper

I bought my own router to address the fact that i wasn't able to play Forza 7 multiplayer. However a month after i purchased the router the multiplayer has stopped being accessible. I have also in the meantime  started a private Minecraft server for my friends and I. I had properly opened the ports to make that work but now the ports are closed and no one can access the server. Could the issue be on Shaws end? Because it was working and then one day is just wasn't

3 Replies

Which Shaw cable-modem do you have? Is it in "bridged" mo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Which Shaw cable-modem do you have? Is it in "bridged" mode? Or, "IP Passthrough" mode? Are you port-forwarding on that device?

Which router do you have? Are you also port-forwarding on that device to your private server?

If you connect your private server directly to the Shaw device, is it accessible from the Internet?

0 Kudos

I have a similar question to bluedragon87. I have the Sha...

ebarbeau
Grasshopper

I have a similar question to bluedragon87. I have the Shaw modem that comes with the Blue Curve package. I tried port forwarding without success. I unchecked bridging which meant that I couldn't get on to the internet at all. What should the settings be in order to play a multiplayer game?

0 Kudos

After "unchecking bridging", you should power-off/power-o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master
  • After "unchecking bridging", you should power-off/power-on the BlueCurve.  Then, restart your computer, to get a new IP-address from the BlueCurve.  This should restore Internet access to your computer.

As far as I know, there are no special "settings" to connect to a game-server on the Internet.

You might want to try configuring the BlueCurve to enable "pass-through" on one of its Ethernet ports, and then to connect your computer to that specific Ethernet port, and restart your computer.  Then, try to connect to that game-server.

TALK TO US
We're here to help